Images

Help with a stand and room logistics for full time inside.

So my small room is 9.6'x9', desk is 54"x20", dresser is 38"x19" and the door is at the corner on one of the 9.6" walls. What sort of stand do you guys think would work best here, it obviously needs to be on an angle across so the stand must be able to fold away. Can't taco a tensa' stand back on itself to get it out of the way because the poles are longer than my ceiling is high and not enough floor space for tripods like the turtledog. Maybe a swing set style with the top pole at about 6' so I can just unclip the hammock from one side and still walk under it until bed time when the hammock gets clipped back in place?

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ighlight=Bipod

Easily folds flat when needed.

But, why not just put two hooks up?

Hammock
    banana-shaped
    Tarp
    greenish
    Insulation
    yes
    Suspension
    disbelief
    You can partially collapse the poles of the commercial Tensa and some DIY tensahedron stands to fit with a low ceiling, like design 3 here: https://www.tensaoutdoor.com/2019/06...ahedron-stand/ . But yes wall hooks anchored into studs clean and cheap where feasible.
    --
    Tensa Outdoor, LLC, maker of the Tensa4, Tensa Solo, and Tensa Trekking Treez hammock stands: http://tensaoutdoor.com/

Images
    That bipod stand looks like a good option, thanks for that one! If I could use anchors on the wall that would be the first and best option but alas that just won't work in some houses. Currently kind of stuck in a mobile home so there are no good studs behind the paper thin walls. Once I get back out into my own place again there will be multiple anchors throughout in most rooms.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    I have been thinking about building the bipod stand forever. I just picked up 8 of the L brackets from a forum member and built two stands this week. I think it is much more stable than my first stands, TurtleDogs.

For each stand, I just had my local Lowe’s cut each of the 3 fence top rails exactly in half, resulting in six 63” rail sections. Perfect for indoor use. I’ve playing around with lots of different ways to suspend my 11’ DIY x-wide hammocks. I settled on recycling the eyebolt design of my turtledog stands Toprail (see my Avatar for what my Toprail looks like) and just a carabiner on each of my hammock loops. The result was a perfect 16” sit height. Swaying in the hammock results in no part of my suspension rubbing on any part of the stand. I was worried about damaging them when I just looped it over the Toprail and noticed it was moving slightly up and down on the L-bracket. Not good.

Here are the dimensions of the stand so you can see if it will work for you in your space:
    Length - Overall = 10’3” (but only at the Toprail); Between legs = 8’6”.
    Width - currently legs are splayed 48” apart, resulting in a top angle of 45*, and a Toprail height of exactly 60”.

I’ll try to post some pictures of it tomorrow.

I took a sweet nap in it today!
    Last edited by DannyII; 07-20-2019 at 21:19.

Hammock
    DIY 11' Hexon 1.6 wide
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Hex
    Insulation
    DIY Costco TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    DIY hugs, whoopies
    Question: What is the length of your hammock when normally hung? Including any end loops?

• + New Posts