Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    The ready mixed stuff that Sawyer sells says it is 0.5%. If the concentrate is 10% then 1 oz of concentrate to 19 oz of water. I did this to make 20oz and and put it in a spray bottle. I sprayed my clothes, hammock, nets, etc until pretty damp on a blue tarp in the garage and then hung them to dry.

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Adkins View Post
    Those of you that have used the concentrate, how much finished product have you found works for a set of clothes. My wife and daughter are going to Africa in two weeks and I want to do there clothes as well as some of mine at the same time. Trying to just get a sense of how much I should make up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Scott, I used permethrin treated clothing and DEET on exposed skin while along the equator in South America. 20 0z spray bottle was more than enough for 3 sets of clothing. I treat the shoes and socks too.
    FYI - Sand fleas can carry some nasty parasites too, I credit the permethrin for keeping them off me.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek XL
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    That's what I used. Works great, easy to treat my clothes. Comes with a sprayer for gear too.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Not quite a believer, but still sprayed my shoes last night. I'll redo my clothes for next week's trip since I also don't believe the "through six washes" thing AT ALL.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Five Tango View Post
    Keep in mind that while I do take B complex daily I also take an apple cider vinegar capsule and an odorless garlic pearl with it.

All I can tell you is that before I started this regimen the mosquitoes would swarm me as soon as I got out of the hammock in the middle of the night and now they don't know I am even there.So I can't attribute the change to anything else.I read somewhere the US Army recommends apple cider vinegar before field ops for insect control.

I get my ACV from botannic choice via Amazon.ACV capsules and garlic pearls are inexpensive.So is the B complex.
    I tried diluting the ACV in water, OJ, etc. Nasty nasty stuff! Strong cat pee. So there's no way; will need to try the pills.

The B vitamin is crazy!! I read online that it turns your urine yellow, but man, we're talking glow-stick fluorescent yellow!

Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    I tried diluting the ACV in water, OJ, etc. Nasty nasty stuff! Strong cat pee. So there's no way; will need to try the pills.

The B vitamin is crazy!! I read online that it turns your urine yellow, but man, we're talking glow-stick fluorescent yellow!
    Only if you take excessive amounts. Stick to one pill a day and you'll be fine.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesam3 View Post
    Only if you take excessive amounts. Stick to one pill a day and you'll be fine.
    I've been doing one...a few hours later is all it takes for a big surprise!

Hammock
    Blackbird XL
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG UQ and TQ
    Suspension
    straps and buckles
    I find a couple of drops of cedarwood oil on my skin really helps to keep the buggers off. I do use permethrin on clothing and hammock. I have been on canoe trips where others in the group are constantly find ticks on them and I have had none. I do think the stuff deteriorates significantly with time and light. I have gone to the premixed stuff described earlier so what I have is fresh. Beats getting West Nile and a host of other ugly things.
    “Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
    ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I do put a little insect repellent on my hat and bandanna around my neck in the daytime.But at night when I get up it's just my supplements doing the work.

I use Kirkland vitamin B and only take one per day.Drink plenty of water and the color will mostly clear up.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123