Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images

Thumbs up ***REVIEW*** Ecotec Hybern8 insulated 4 season pad

Hey guys, it been a while! I've been super busy the past few months but have recently started to test some new gear so I figured I'd share. This is a pretty decent budget option from what I can tell. The construction is excellent and it's fairly inexpensive. So far I've been texting it for about a week now and have used it outside in my XLC w/ the net on, inside in my 11' DIY argon 1.6 AND in a *** gulp*** tent. Yes, I actually bit the bullet for science and used it in the OneTigris Backwoods Bungalow 1 person tent that I'm also testing ( full review on my YouTube channel ). In all 3 cases it performed great and stayed under me all night without sliding all over the hammocks due to the non-slip bottom. It easily inflates in about 10 breaths and provides ample bottom and side coverage in a hammock. I obviously haven't tested it in colder weather yet, but it seems to be rated to 10° or so I think, and I've even seen it given an R value of 4. I will continue to test and give updates as I go. From what I can tell though it's actually pretty decent quality wise and I haven't seen any negative feedback yet. Time will tell though, as it almost always does with products from Amazon like this. Let me know what you think , and check out my YouTube channel for some pretty neat new gear reviews on : Pathfinder stainless steel alcohol stove, OneTigris Backwoods Bungalow 1person tent, Snugpak Base Camp Ops inflatable pillow, CRKT Woods Chogan Tomahawk, Victorianox one handed Trekker pocket knife , and coming soon the Helikon-Tex Foxtrot mk2 belt rig , Condor H harness Molle belt rig , Snugpak Inhanced Patrol Poncho & Liner , SLD 0° Trail Winder and a yet to be determined NEW hammock to replace my severely aged and racoon damaged XLC lol. I've also got some other new vids on my hiking clothing and the other gear/accessories I use when hiking, camping & bushcrafting. Check it out if your interested and I'll update this post as I continue to test!

IMG_20190709_132026.jpg

This pic is from the Amazon listing, showing the inside....
    51GRtLZxL2L._AC_SY200_.jpg
    Last edited by Chesapeake; 07-10-2019 at 06:10.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Video errors out.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    There we go, that's better!
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Im loading the Snugpak pillow vid now, will post when it's done loading.

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    That design looks crazy comfortable! I have three old thermarest type pads covered in dust at home, but if I ever tent camp again I may check out something like this.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OneClick View Post
    That design looks crazy comfortable! I have three old thermarest type pads covered in dust at home, but if I ever tent camp again I may check out something like this.
    It really is! It conforms to your body really well in a hammock. I'm thinking that will be a big plus when the temps drop.

Images
    Nice to see it stayed put. Were you using underneath in a pad pocket, or inside the hammock?

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Nice to see it stayed put. Were you using underneath in a pad pocket, or inside the hammock?
    I had it right in the hammocks with me ( both are single layer) and wasn't using any kind of pad - TQ straps or shock cord attachment kit. I was hesitant at first since I'm an UQ kinda guy, but this thing is actually pretty comfortable when laying directly on it in a hammock. It wraps up your sides some too which will be a plus when it gets cold I think. I have yet to use it in my single layer Ridgerunner, but I'm sure it will perform equally as amazing. Overall I'm pretty impressed since this is an Amazon find, how it hold up over time will be the true test I think as I'm sure it will insulate as promised.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    WOW ! The price has jumped to $59 since I got mine 2 weeks ago. That's crazy, I can't see many people buying an insulated pad this time of year, especially since they have a non-insulated version. The secret must have gotten out!!!!

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    I added a pic from the Amazon listing to my Original post showing the of of the pad.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast