Hammock
    11' 5 O'Clock Shadow
    Tarp
    Indoors
    Insulation
    DIY down throw UQ
    Suspension
    Multibuckle,straps
    I spent a small fortune on a sleep number bed. It was a big improvement on my previous mattress/frame, but it still sucked; I woke up with a sore back about half the time instead of all the time.

Then I discovered hammocks, and it was all over for the bed. It stayed in my bedroom another three years, but the only time I've slept in a bed since I hung my hammock in the bedroom, is when I've had to sleep in a hotel.

I finally got rid of the bed about a month ago. It was immediately replaced by the contents of my kitchen, because my kitchen is being remodeled. But as soon as that's complete I'm thinking of getting a nice hammock frame for the bedroom. Meanwhile, I'm saving by not having to rent a storage room.

Hammock
    HG,Dutch,XLC ,RR
    Tarp
    Superfly, AH hex,
    Insulation
    HG, Snugpak, SLD
    Suspension
    Whoopie Ti toggle
    Images
    , " but the only time I've slept in a bed since I hung my hammock in the bedroom, is when I've had to sleep in a hotel. "

I took my wife and kids on a cruise back in May, and leading up to it I was racking my brain to figure out a way to hang in the hotel the night before departure and in our state room on the ship lol. So, determined to sleep peacefully, I brought my 11' diy argon 1.6 with me to see what, it anything I could come up with. Lucky for me, the bow of the ship had an adults only area that was on the top 2 decks ( not full length decks) . On the lower of the two decks to my hammock loving delight, there was a covered area with 6 standard spreader bar hammocks that were situated in between the 2 hot tubs that were at the fore most part of the deck and the rum bar that was just aft ! I promptly removed one of the net hammocks and was swaying with the motion of the ocean while sipping a cocktail in about 6.32 seconds lol. The state room was too small to hang in so I had to sleep in the rack, but having the hot tubs and rum bar right next to my new hang spot more than took care of the nightly agony I endured lol !!!! I must have answered 5000 questions about my rig in those 4 days lol.
    " The best pace is a suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." ~ Steve Prefontaine

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12