Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
I'm not familiar enough with the wooki to understand why that matters.
My Primaloft gold quilts have wings on them so I have to imagine a little creative assembly and you can easily turn the quilt out in a similar manner for a wooki.... the wooki just has bigger wings.
Maybe I just don't understand the technique. I thought it works similar to sewing a pillow case, only with one more layer. You put the outer side on the outer side, so that the insides are facing out. On top you put the insulation. Then you sew around the edges with a seam allowance. Grab into the pocket between the shell fabric layers and turn the whole thing inside out. The beauty with this is, that the edges end up invisible on the inside. But with the Wooki, one layer is larger than the other layer. This means that the fabric outside the seam will be pulled on the inside. But I need it to stay on the outside.

Thinking more about it, I suppose I could fold the remaining fabric so that it is in the "pocket" - similar to the channels of a normal underquilt. But this would create an extra fold and I'm not sure how this will increase the stress on seams. The original Wooki is like a hammock with the insulation sewn to the underside. It works so well because the carrier fabric has the exact same shape as the hammock. I guess I need to get some scraps and sew up a small model to see if it could work.

Often times for me- just understanding that something is going to suck makes it easier to deal with.
I get that. I didn't expect that working with Climashield isn't as straightforward as it seemed. If it sucks, that's OK. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious. I know a couple of sewing machine novices have sewn synthetic Wookis; I have to say that after trying my hand at it myself, I admire them.

If nothing else- walk away for a while. Sometimes that's the most productive thing you can do.
Very true. I tried two nights and stopped to sleep on it. Tonight I'll try again and hope that the third time is the charm.