Hello from Wisconsin

New to the site and just starting some diy projects. Still exploring the site and gathering information. Looking forward to doing some hammock camping in the yard with my kids.

There is a lot of information in the stickies and thanks to everyone who has contributed!!! This sure will make my projects much easier.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    BBXLC
    Tarp
    UGQ winterdream 12
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    buckles or Daisy
    Welcome and chime in with questions and thoughts. You’ll find many helpful people and lots of tips.
    left lay born, left lay bred and when I die I'll be left lay dead.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Welcome to HF. There are a number of DIY'ers in your part of WI so check out the groups hangs that happen quite frequently and meet some friendly folks that speak your language. Even if it is just for a quick day visit until you get the itch to camp outside your backyard, you'll have fun and you'll be warmly welcomed.
    The game is the best teacher.

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    I'm in SE Wisconsin! Where are you? I'm in MKE. I'm a semi-DIY er. I like learning and challenging myself.

I keep regional posts listed in my signature file (look below). Mark your calendar and come to one! Great WI hangers in the area!

(If you want a fun read, see my post: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mers-DIY-story
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

I'm also in SE Wisconsin.... Slinger area. I'll have to look into the group hang. I'm just so busy with the kids not sure it will work out. I work most weekends as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    I'm in SE Wisconsin! Where are you? I'm in MKE. I'm a semi-DIY er. I like learning and challenging myself.

I keep regional posts listed in my signature file (look below). Mark your calendar and come to one! Great WI hangers in the area!

(If you want a fun read, see my post: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...mers-DIY-story
    Just read your post. Sounds like my first project with my mom's sewing machine. I had a lot of fun doing it and my mom isn't a good at sewing so it was YouTube to the rescue. The project turned out ok.

I realized the heavy duty Janome wasn't heavy duty enough for what I wanted. I ended up taking to someone on another forum. He suggested that I just spend the money once and get a Juki 8700. That thing is amazing!!! It will handle all of my projects and then some.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Yes! Another home brewer from SE WI! Make sure to attend the regular IL/WI trips and we would love to try your beer...we...um... meet you and talk hammocks, I mean. Plenty of food will be provided but we don’t have much to wash it down.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHammock View Post
    Yes! Another home brewer from SE WI! Make sure to attend the regular IL/WI trips and we would love to try your beer...we...um... meet you and talk hammocks, I mean. Plenty of food will be provided but we don’t have much to wash it down.
    I had to sell some of my homebrewing equipment to finance my Juki. I can still make beer but everything will need to be bottled instead of kegged. This means more time on my party so less beer being made.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    A serious DIYer there. Makes his own beer and sews his own gear. I bet he has a dehydrator. I can’t wait til you meet Bill. I’m going to sleep well that night. His yammering is like a noise machine, sleeping pills, and soft pillow all in one.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Yes. I have a dehydrator and have made some sausage as well. I also have a smoker. I guess I haven't thought about it but I do a lot of diy stuff.

• + New Posts