WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear/KAQ
    Suspension
    Dutch cinch bug

Clark Hammock is closing

Just received the email from them stating that they are closing. If you need spare parts i'd get them on order.

Yeah, I got it too. Wow...

Hammock
    DIY Speer design
    Tarp
    Cuben fiber
    Insulation
    top/underquilts
    Suspension
    Straps/whoopie
    hard to believe that they are closing. I have 3 of the different styles and although they are heavier than most kits I really like them!

Hammock
    Tropical Ultra, Mark2, NX-270
    Tarp
    Winter Dream 12
    Insulation
    Loco Libre Gear
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Very sad!

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    We wanted you to be among the first to know that Clark Hammock Company will be closing in the coming months after 23 years serving you.

Why are we closing?
    Gary Clark is retiring. He has overseen the production of every hammock we have made since he invented the modern camping hammock in 1967.

When will be the last time I can order an authentic Clark hammock?
    Get a 20% discount on remaining hammocks by pre-ordering with code "preorder". Pre-ordered hammocks will be reserved for you and arrive in 3-8 weeks. Pre-orders must be made before Monday July 1. After that date, many items will be very limited or out of stock. Items ordered without the discount code will ship immediately.

What about Parts and Accessories?
    Like our hammocks, the supply of accessories and parts is limited. You will want to order as soon as possible if you need poles, tarps, Z-Liner underquilts, and suspension items.

It has been a good run, and we are pleased with what we've contributed to the outdoor industry, especially since we started junglehammock.com in 1997. We have been very proud of the hammocks we have delivered to you over the years. They are made the right way, and we hope you enjoy these products for years to come.

Please contact us at [email protected] with any other questions.

Regards,

Clark Hammock Company www.junglehammock.com

How sad! I can't believe that this iconic hammock maker will just close its doors never to be seen again.
    I was able to get a tour of the facility once which was done by his son. Couldn't his son take over the business?
    Or maybe the business could be sold?
    Seems a shame.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Very glad I have a NX 250 for the winter and a Tracelite for the summer. Was thinking about buying a North American some months ago and was surprised they had disappeared from the website....now I know why. Those of us who have one or more of their rigs are lucky.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    It's sad, I have and love a Clark.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    DH Darien, SLD Tree Runner
    Tarp
    HG hex
    Insulation
    Timmermade, Revolt
    Suspension
    Kevlar, Lapp Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    How sad! I can't believe that this iconic hammock maker will just close its doors never to be seen again.
    I was able to get a tour of the facility once which was done by his son. Couldn't his son take over the business?
    Seems a shame.
    You never know what all is going on behind the scenes with financials and family dynamics, etc.

They seem to have a devoted following but there's a lot more competition in the industry than there was in 1997, and rather than sell out and outsource to China perhaps they've chosen to just shut it down if they can't keep production in the USA.
    Five Basic Principles of Going Lighter (not me... the great Cam Honan of OZ)
    “If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.” ~ Gen. George S Patton

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Seems a shame.
    Same as happened with Speer some years ago. Ed Speer was definitely an icon, and during the first few years of HF(and well before that) his hammocks were a main contender here, considered by some one of the most comfy, and simple. Although, he always was glad to teach people how to just build their own, which took up a chapter or two of his book. In addition to the fact that he had a few products- developed by his company by Speer or Youngblood- that were unique and never quite matched IMO. Like the Speer PeaPod, the Snugfit, and SPE(Segmented Pad Extender). And he used to host these biannual group hangs twice a year in NC, close to the AT, that large numbers would go to and learn from the master and other folks. Then one day, out of the blue, he and Speer hammocks were gone. I have not heard anything about him sense. The Switchback hammock folks took over his products, but they kind of disappeared as well, far as I can tell. have tried to contact them a few times in recent yeas to see about maybe getting another PeaPod, but have never been able to get a response.

Always kind of sad to see these iconic companies just disappear. I guess it is usually simply a business decision, or maybe folks get sick or have personal problems. I never had a Clark, always meant to try one. Some folks thought they were about the best in some ways at least.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast