Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountain Fly
    Suspension
    UCR

Warbonnet Tarp Ticks

Hey y'all! I thought that I'd share one way that I'm using my Tarp Ticks on my WB Mountain Fly and my son's Superfly. We both are using a continuous ridgeline and use the TT's to position our tarp along the ridgeline. The TT floats along the ridgeline while being tied to the rings on the tarp.

We keep our hammocks and tarps setup most of the time. We've experienced A LOT of wind and rain lately - the TT's kept our tarps in-place! Warbonnet has done it again!

Roger

TarpTick2.jpg

#Warbonnetoutdoors
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    WBBB XLC; WBRR
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki UQ Mamba TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I like it! I have a couple spare Dutchware wasps laying around. I could probably do the same thing as you have done. I currently use Tato tarp connectors on my CRL, but this gives me something to play with - just because.
    The game is the best teacher.

Images
    Looks good. I don't have any of those myself, but you can tell there's a lot of versatility built into those little bugs with all their holes, wings, mandibles, etc. Uses limited only by the user's imagination.

Hammock
    Chameleon, Netless
    Tarp
    UGQ WD12, WB ThFly
    Insulation
    UGQ , HG, WB
    Suspension
    Dutch, Turtle Ties
    Question for those who've used the Ticks..... btw, I like your use of the Tick!

What I don't like about the set I've received are the sharp points. For the way I intend to use them, I see no purpose and may sand them off / smooth, so they don't have potential to damage my tarp in storage.

I use Dutch Fleaz permanently attached to my tarp corners and ordered a set of these to setup a new tarp.

What are other's thought about the sharp points?

Hammock
    Darien
    Tarp
    HG Hex
    Insulation
    HG and CRO
    Suspension
    Kevlar-Lapp Hitch
    I just added a set of these for my main tree guys lines and look forward to field testing as well. In an initial setup in the yard, I also thought the "sharp points" could be a problem. I don't know how difficult it is to manufacture and revise this product and even the size may prohibit smoothing out the edges a bit. I plan to go on an over nighter on the AT later this week and will report back.
    "Walking is man's best medicine." - Hippocrates

Images
    There have been no reports of them damaging fabric. I think the tips are all just large and round enough that you shouldn't have to worry about that even though they do look small

Hammock
    Chameleon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD WH, WB TF
    Insulation
    HG econ 20/40
    Suspension
    Dutch straps+BB
    Just when I thought I could stop buying gear......

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 double
    Tarp
    MatCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    MW3, JRB Nest
    Suspension
    Straps, Webbing
    Great use of a quality style tool.

Hammock
    HG Zippered Bugnet
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    HG
    Suspension
    Dynaweave+fish hks
    Any signs of wear on the lines (the spot for the wrap between the points) from using a TT?

Images
    Not that I have heard of. I would say that if you are using a dyneema/UHMWPE line it would not be an issue because that material is just so cut resistent to begin with. I'll also say I feel like the TT work even better on a softer dyneema line so if yours still has most of the stiff coating left on it (our line is currently fairly stiff/coated, but that will likely change on the next batch we order) if you have a stiffer line you can saw it back and forth over the hook of the TT which will rub most of the coating off pretty quickly, this just breaks in the line and softens it up making it a little easier to wrap through the TT.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast