Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Not that I have heard of. I would say that if you are using a dyneema/UHMWPE line it would not be an issue because that material is just so cut resistent to begin with. I'll also say I feel like the TT work even better on a softer dyneema line so if yours still has most of the stiff coating left on it (our line is currently fairly stiff/coated, but that will likely change on the next batch we order) if you have a stiffer line you can saw it back and forth over the hook of the TT which will rub most of the coating off pretty quickly, this just breaks in the line and softens it up making it a little easier to wrap through the TT.

Just put these on my tarp with some new Dutch wire. First use the ticks shredded the sheath on the string and cut through the center shortly after. To be fair, last time i tried sheathed spectra lines this happened but took months of use.
    I also sanded those points off and rounded everything on em better as all the edges were really sharp and those points were needle-like
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Pine Barrens Leather

Hammock
    WB Eldorado/DIY
    Tarp
    WB MiniFly/DIY 12'
    Insulation
    WB Wooki/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    DW Spider/Beetle
    Quote Originally Posted by BackcountryBowhunting View Post
    Hey y'all! I thought that I'd share one way that I'm using my Tarp Ticks on my WB Mountain Fly and my son's Superfly. We both are using a continuous ridgeline and use the TT's to position our tarp along the ridgeline. The TT floats along the ridgeline while being tied to the rings on the tarp.
    Attachment 175423
    No slippage on the tarp along the ridgeline with the TT in that configuration? It just looks like it maybe isn't 'secured' enough to keep it from slipping.

I finally got to use these, set up exactly as they are in the tutorial video. They work great! Easy to install, easy to set up and adjust. Had the Cloudburst set up in the garden for about a week, had some real nasty winds and rains and the ticks held up perfectly. I love these little guys! Wish I'd had these on the trail!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by boothbot View Post
    I finally got to use these, set up exactly as they are in the tutorial video. They work great! Easy to install, easy to set up and adjust. Had the Cloudburst set up in the garden for about a week, had some real nasty winds and rains and the ticks held up perfectly. I love these little guys! Wish I'd had these on the trail!
    These look great, I may have to get some of these!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fallkniven View Post
    Just put these on my tarp with some new Dutch wire. First use the ticks shredded the sheath on the string and cut through the center shortly after. To be fair, last time i tried sheathed spectra lines this happened but took months of use.
    I also sanded those points off and rounded everything on em better as all the edges were really sharp and those points were needle-like
    All points where cord makes contact on the TarpTick (except inside the cleats/wings) have been chamfered so the "wraps" are not wrapping around actual sharp edges. I have found durability to be very good on Dyneema/UHMWPE line. Obviously you are relying on friction and bite to hold the line but our UHMWPE line holds up very well on them.

As for wearing out the Dutch Wire...quoted from Dutch's site: "Note: This (Dutchwire) does not work well with Dutchware hardware with the exception of Tarpworms and Hooksworms".....So if Dutch is saying that Dutchwire isn't compatible with their Stinger/Fly then you can expect similar results when using it on our TarpTick. Basically you just want to use a UHMWPE single braid line instead of something with a polyester sheath/cover.
    Last edited by warbonnetguy; 10-23-2019 at 12:24.

Hammock
    Eldorado
    Tarp
    Minifly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Images
    I got four of these to use as new tarp tie outs and used them the past two trips out which is going to be the last. They are needle sharp and the fiddle factor hooking on the D rings make them more of a nuisance than anything...
    Instagram: TakeaHikeSpike
    Web: spike.ca
    YouTube: TakeaHikeSpike

Images
    They work much better permanently attached to your stakes IMO, that should avoid any tangling issues from having hardware on the main ground lines.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Quote Originally Posted by Us5Camp View Post
    Question for those who've used the Ticks..... btw, I like your use of the Tick!

What I don't like about the set I've received are the sharp points. For the way I intend to use them, I see no purpose and may sand them off / smooth, so they don't have potential to damage my tarp in storage.

I use Dutch Fleaz permanently attached to my tarp corners and ordered a set of these to setup a new tarp.

What are other's thought about the sharp points?
    Sounds like I have the same setup on my tarp corners with fleaz, also use tarp worms or hooks. I wanted to try the tarp ticks, I’m afraid to leave them attached because of the sharp edges. I’ve taken them back off my tarp. I’m sure they’ll be fine if I take a Dremel to them. Now they’re sitting in a box not being used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Images
    Well then to ease your mind I would say that we have not had one single complaint the TT damaging fabric and there is certainly no need for you to modify them. I think if you look closely you will find a standard ball point pen to be sharper than any point on the TT. Silicone coated tarp fabric also ins't particularly prone to snagging on things, to the contrary it is actually quite resistant to snagging on things due to it's very slippery nature.

I don't find them sharp at all

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast