Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hammock Gear Bugnet
    Don't build it up to a big ordeal. Just go for an overnight hang. Eat before you go out that way you pack less and can just make it easy. Like Shug said keep you gear locked and loaded and just grab some snack and go.

Thanks for all the tips and advice.

My main problem over the years has been depression. I struggle to find the energy to do anything. Lately my back has been killing me over everything. Kind of scared to do a long 45 minute backpack to a hang. Hopefully i will be fine.

Idk thiugh, everything I want to do, just cant seem to do, I have had a wood shop for about 6 months. And not building anything because I dont think I can, and when I try I cant seem to do it.

So I really ask about how you oush yourself because right now I have to force myself. Some days I feel realy good, and can get stuff done. But for the most part nothing.

I have a entire basement full of exercise equioment that I cant even seem to use. Even though I really want to work out.

I really wish I had someone who was able to help me plan my days, help me get working out and all of that. Kind of like a drill sargent until I can get some daily discipline built up!

I have been dreading some trips because I didnt have the gear, but I think I have all the gear I need now. I would like a better tarp line though. I think what I have is junk.
    youtube.com/c/FancyShoesVlogs

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    That sounds like some serious depression . I hope you will seek help, if you haven't already.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

The help I have been seeking is from books. I know what I need to do. Eat right, exercise, and get rid of what makes me depressed. Its just getting the energy to do it.

One of the things that made me depressed was my job. Very long story. I quit lat august. My depression was so bad that Even after I quit, I still had no energy to workout or do much of anything. Slowly I am getting better. But i feel I know lack the self discipline to do the necessary stuff. Its hard to even wash dishes and keep my house clean. And now I am about to start having money problems.

I gotta get myself picked back up. I did hear someone that a winter camping trip was able to help people get a restart on life. Maybe a good solid 3 day trip in the woods, mixed with some prayer will really help!
    youtube.com/c/FancyShoesVlogs

Hammock
    Hummingbird single+
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HG Premium 30° set
    Suspension
    Straps & Muletape
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Shoes View Post
    The help I have been seeking is from books. I know what I need to do. Eat right, exercise, and get rid of what makes me depressed. Its just getting the energy to do it.

One of the things that made me depressed was my job. Very long story. I quit lat august. My depression was so bad that Even after I quit, I still had no energy to workout or do much of anything. Slowly I am getting better. But i feel I know lack the self discipline to do the necessary stuff. Its hard to even wash dishes and keep my house clean. And now I am about to start having money problems.

I gotta get myself picked back up. I did hear someone that a winter camping trip was able to help people get a restart on life. Maybe a good solid 3 day trip in the woods, mixed with some prayer will really help!
    As someone who has struggled with depression I know how you feel. It's like there so much you want to do but it already feels too late to do it all before you even start. My advice would be that you need to find someone to talk to about what you are going through. Having a listening ear and someone to help you sort though things and offer a different perspective and encouragement to motivate you is a life changer. Books are great but relationship and interpersonal interaction has the greatest power for change.

Also instead of having all these things you feel like are overwhelming you something I did when things got too much for me was I made a single focus for each day so I could not worry about the rest cuz it wasn't that days problem. One day I would do housework and when the housework was done that was it. One day I worked one my resume and applying to jobs. One day I would do groceries and errands. One day I would just rest and do nothing. Each day went on like this and it gave me a planned routine to help get things done. If I felt good after getting the days focus done I would get ahead on an upcoming day. This helped me stop feeling behind and start having the ability to build some momentum.

Obviously this is just a concept and you will have to figure out what will work for you but I hope it can help a little. As far as a trip to the woods I think that could really help. It always helps me to find some peace and prayerfully refocus. Being out in nature has always been something that cultivates that perspective in me.

Hammock
    WL Lt Owl
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Outdoors
    Insulation
    Burrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Shoes View Post

My main problem over the years has been depression. I struggle to find the energy to do anything. ...

Idk thiugh, everything I want to do, just cant seem to do, I have had a wood shop for about 6 months. And not building anything because I dont think I can, and when I try I cant seem to do it.

So I really ask about how you oush yourself because right now I have to force myself. Some days I feel realy good, and can get stuff done. But for the most part nothing.

I have a entire basement full of exercise equioment that I cant even seem to use. Even though I really want to work out.

I really wish I had someone who was able to help me plan my days, help me get working out and all of that. Kind of like a drill sargent until I can get some daily discipline built up!
    Fancy Shoes,

This is all together different from just procrastination or lack of motivation. You need more than advice from peers. You need more than simple discipline. You need the help of a professional. Please see your primacy healthcare provider as soon as possible. If you lack resoucres, walk into the nearest Hospital ER and ask to see a social worker.

Good Luck
    Questioning authority, Rocking the boat & Stirring the pot - Since 1965

Hammock
    WB RR, DIY Bridge (Dutch Kit)
    Tarp
    Kammok Glider
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, DIY BQ
    Suspension
    Whoopsie Slings
    [QUOTE=TxAggie;1974647]It hasn’t been four years, but I understand that it’s not as often as I would like. Most of the time for me it’s simply family commitments. Sure, I could just tell my wife “I’m leaving for two days to have fun, you’ve got the kids.” But that’s not exactly fair to her now is it.

I think it would be fair if she did the same to you ;-)

Hammock
    Half-wit (3 season), Chameleon (win
    Tarp
    Superfly, Thunderf
    Insulation
    EE Revelation 20*,
    Suspension
    Whoopie!
    [QUOTE=scrope;1974927]
    Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    It hasn’t been four years, but I understand that it’s not as often as I would like. Most of the time for me it’s simply family commitments. Sure, I could just tell my wife “I’m leaving for two days to have fun, you’ve got the kids.” But that’s not exactly fair to her now is it.

I think it would be fair if she did the same to you ;-)
    She has.

It’s all good though. When I do make it out, about half the time at least one of my daughters join me. If I really need a fix, I’ve got a nice hanging spot in my backyard. This usually occurs during the winter when I can use “testing” as an excuse to hang outside when it’s below freezing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Simple, you just take a job where you have little to no choice in the matter

As a pup I spent a decade working trails in MT's wilderness areas (bob; scapegoat; great bear; missions).

Then I worked range and biological technician in the Absaroka-Beartooths for thirteen seasons.

Finally ended up a the Wilderness and Outfitter-Guide permit administrator that I made it half of my duties to be patrolling in WY's Teton for a decade.

Since it was all work and no play, I had to investigate other areas to see what I was missing while I was working my tail off, aka play.

A few other things in between but it was not really a matter of pushing myself it was rather SOMETHING was calling me and I had to go find out

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by OCDave View Post
    Fancy Shoes,

This is all together different from just procrastination or lack of motivation. You need more than advice from peers. You need more than simple discipline. You need the help of a professional. Please see your primacy healthcare provider as soon as possible. If you lack resoucres, walk into the nearest Hospital ER and ask to see a social worker.

Good Luck
    Read this again. Highlight it. Memorize it. And do it. Good luck.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast