Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images

The Hootenanny Hang Survived!

So happy all of you came despite the rain and it helped us become closer and get to know each other even more. Thanks to Maytag the mud was kept to a minimum with the 3 bails of straw he went and got. And thanks to J-Res and Itsandy for getting up the big tarp up near the fire pit that provided us a large gathering place sheltered from the torrents along with the pop-ups provided by the campground and Pappy Amos!

The food was amazing as well, Pappy Amos brought a griddle and made Fajitas and a fantastic breakfast and Fidgit brought enough freshly baked bagels for everyone! Mad Dog made a huge pot of the most delicious beans, Medicine Woman made Jumbleaya and Lazy Bee and GirlScout made cobblers. I made Spaghetti and there were lots of salads and sides to go with it, I cant name it all. I still want that Broccoli Salad recipe btw!!

Thanks to all the Vendors and hangers that contributed to the raffle, Warbonnet, JacksRBetter, Underground Quilts, Dutchware and The Maple King!

We raised $750 that covered hang expenses, the cost of the campground for next years hang and $350 was left over to make some additional improvements to the campsites like adding a few more posts. We have also locked in the date for next year which will be June 12-14, 2020.

In celebration of the new Decade we have decided to have a tee shirt next year. So stay tuned for the design that is already in the works!

Lets not forget the musicians that came out and played wonderful tunes on the front porch. We had 4 pickers and 2 vocalists at one time playing on Friday night. And on Saturday night we were blessed to have The Bluebirds from Jonesbourgh, TN to play a fiddle and banjo!

I hope you guys can post more pics than I got, but here is a link to mine...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/MuYCgUaUkV6BaAEeA
    Last edited by L.D. Cakes; 06-11-2019 at 08:43.
    Hootenanny Hang June 11-13, 2021
    Love many, trust few & always paddle your own canoe. American Proverb

Adventure is Calling... nolilearn.org

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Lost & Found...
    35650.jpeg
    35652.jpeg

Hammock
    Cedar Ridge 11'
    Tarp
    Cave Creek 12'
    Insulation
    HG 20/BigAgnes 15
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    What a great hang once again...despite the rain. It was wonderful to see some old friends and of course meet a lot of new ones! Thanks to LDcakes for all the effort she put into this hang and thanks to Blackberry Blossom for such a wonderful place. I'm looking forward to next year
    HH2019-01.jpgHH2019-02.jpgHH2019-03.jpgHH2019-04.jpgHH2019-05.jpgHH2019-06.jpgHH2019-07.jpg

Hammock
    WB
    Tarp
    UGQ WD +2 pole mod
    Insulation
    Detail UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    mostly reliable!
    Images
    Still smiling! Thanks for allowing me to stay even though I was unannounced. Thanks for those who put so much love and effort into making the hang such a wonderful event! And to those who helped me sneak in! Oh! And those that didn’t leave while I was singing!

I’ll be going back even if there isn’t a hang!

L.D. Cakes, I get an error when trying to view the pics on google.

Hammock
    Custom Gathered End
    Tarp
    Macat Ultra,UGQ WD
    Insulation
    Incubator/Pea Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Opps, Try it now....

Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    Opps, Try it now....
    Working now, thanks!

This was one of the best Hootenannys yet! Despite the rain, everyone persevered and had a good time. We love having this group at Blackberry Blossom. We appreciate y'all so much!! We are already looking forward to next year!! - Emily
    "When I started counting my blessings,
    my whole life turned around."

Quote Originally Posted by L.D. Cakes View Post
    So happy all of you came despite the rain and it helped us become closer and get to know each other even more. Thanks to Maytag the mud was kept to a minimum with the 3 bails of straw he went and got. And thanks to J-Res and Itsandy for getting up the big tarp up near the fire pit that provided us a large gathering place sheltered from the torrents along with the pop-ups provided by the campground and Pappy Amos!

The food was amazing as well, Pappy Amos brought a griddle and made Fajitas and a fantastic breakfast and Fidgit brought enough freshly baked bagels for everyone! Mad Dog made a huge pot of the most delicious beans, Medicine Woman made Jumbleaya and Lazy Bee and GirlScout made cobblers. I made Spaghetti and there were lots of salads and sides to go with it, I cant name it all. I still want that Broccoli Salad recipe btw!!

Thanks to all the Vendors and hangers that contributed to the raffle, Warbonnet, JacksRBetter, Underground Quilts, Dutchware and The Maple King!

We raised $750 that covered hang expenses, the cost of the campground for next years hang and $350 was left over to make some additional improvements to the campsites like adding a few more posts. We have also locked in the date for next year which will be June 12-14, 2020.

In celebration of the new Decade we have decided to have a tee shirt next year. So stay tuned for the design that is already in the works!

Lets not forget the musicians that came out and played wonderful tunes on the front porch. We had 4 pickers and 2 vocalists at one time playing on Friday night. And on Saturday night we were blessed to have The Bluebirds from Jonesbourgh, TN to play a fiddle and banjo!

I hope you guys can post more pics than I got, but here is a link to mine...
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/MuYCgUaUkV6BaAEeA

Great pics, L.D. Cakes!!!!!
    "When I started counting my blessings,
    my whole life turned around."

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Raven
    Tarp
    Outdoors Way Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Gemini
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas
    As requested

Broccoli Slaw
    1 LB package of broccoli slaw mix
    1 Cup Sunflower Seeds
    1 Cup Almond Slivers
    1 Package Ramen Noodles (Chicken or Oriental work best)
    Dressing:
    1/2 Cup oil
    1/2 Cup Sugar
    1/3 Cup Cider Vinegar
    1 Seasoning Packet from Ramen

Mix dressing together, I usually use a masson jar and shake the heck out of it to mix it up real good. Then pour it over the slaw nuts and broken up ramen. Let soak and mix for a bit to soften the ramen a bit then it's good to eat!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast