Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tessiea View Post
    Just purchased a new Amok Draumr for my wife last week and set it up yesterday for a trial run. Setup was easy and once inside it is definitely comfortable but my issue is getting in and out. For me at 5’11” I found getting in and out difficult to do without the foot box dragging on the ground. For my wife at 5’2” it was almost impossible without me helping her which isn’t practical long term.

I’ve tried to find any reviews where someone mentions the same issues and have yet to find any negative comments (except weight) so thinking I must be doing something wrong. Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just did a 8 night canoe trip with my Draumr XL, what works best for me I call the superman entrance. Stand on the side of the Draumr where the zipper starts/ends, unzip down to the foot box, while holding ridgeline I slide my left leg into footbox area but dont apply its weight, then I move my right hand from ridgeline to the middle strap, tuck my torso under the bugnet, use left hand to distribute some weight towards the head end and superman into the hammock, rolling from my left side to my back while holding the middle strap for stability and to help judge where my weight should go. Then reach down and pull zipper back up and over ridgeline.

To get out I sit up and shift myself over to the left as much as possible, swing both legs out at same time and stand up while holding the ridgeline.

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I need to see a video of that, cause I'm having a tough time picturing the move.

Hammock
    DIY 1.7 MTN
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    Incubator20,UGQ
    Suspension
    Huggers and Amstel
    Thanks Bigshift for sharing your entrance method. I really like how your Superman method puts weight at the head end of the hammock to help it balance out as soon as possible. Also, it seems much easier to crawl into the hammock and roll over, than it is to back up into a hammock. I am guessing you figured it out by accident, because who tries out a 180 degree roll as part of a hammock entrance? How many of your methods did not work? Overall, thank you for sharing!

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    I think I must have been trying to execute Bigshift's maneuver the first time I attempted to get into my XL, when it bounced me out/forward and threw me on the ground.
    Oooh, shiney! What does THIS button do?

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I'm trying to master the in/out while the hammock is on the Tensa stand with the legs always seeming to be in the way. Houdini would be proud.

Images
    Set the straps for the knee bend at full take-up. Place something in the footbox to drag the bottom down. Then adjust the back support to about half.

When you attempt to sit on the "chair pad" of your pad, adjust the inflation to be a bit soft, where you can push up against the bottom and top and your hands will meet.

Adjust your suspension straps so that when you sit, the foot box will not drag. The metal spreader bars from Amok will help here..

Now it is simply a matter to begin to adjust the seat height, the compression straps, and the inflation pressure to meet the needs of the individual.

IMG_1133.JPG

Hammock
    Amok XL
    Tarp
    TBD
    Suspension
    Tensa
    I'll give that a try but the legs of the Tensa might still make it more difficult .. we'll see.

BTW love the colors of the camo material of the hammock.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12