WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    I had this issue off and on, and finally found a small inflatable pillow that i can adjust the inflation in. I find its more neck support than head support and im guessing its because of the height of the foot end sliding you too far up. I havent really investigated it too in depth, but thats what im thinking because i dont always need or use the pillow.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Dutchware/Beetle
    I will throw in my two cents on this. I am normally a side sleeper, but in a hammock I sleep on my back.

When I started hammock camping I tried sleeping with and with out pillows and found for me that I need a small pillow for neck support and not for my head. I have found the same thing when I try to sleep in a reclined car seat, I need some neck support to sleep. What I have found works the best is something that supports the curve of my neck from the base of neck to the base of my skull. In the case of the hammock I have found that a pillow the size of the down pillow that hammock gear makes works great for me. in the case of the car seat something the thickness of two rolled up tee shirt work perfectly.

I hope this helps.

I like to sleep on my belly, and have that nerd neck because of PC and minimum mobility. Not the best choice to experience suh things at my 30s. Will do some sport to stay healthy and for that pain to be absent on my shoulders and neck. Muscles are freezed and atrophied.

Hammock
    netless mostly...
    Tarp
    DW Winter, Hex 12
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Incu E20
    Suspension
    Whoopie-Spider
    I absolutely abhor inflatable pillows on the ground but love my small inflatable about half inflated (Brady style) when in a GE hammock.

I have the same issues with my back, it all began with passive lifestyle, computers and desks, this is a true impact upon spine

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    In most bridge or GE hammocks a pillow usually tilts my head up to much. I start out sleeping on my back but I can fetal up by morning. A pillow would mostly be for a knee or to push a bug net further from my face. If the height of the foot end is causing you to slide up, lower it. Note that the instructions for the BlackBird suggest an 16 - 18 inch difference. But that’s the asymmetrical BB. Postings here suggest that for a general GE hammock, a 6-8 inch height difference is more common.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I've had a 4 level cervical disc fusion. IF it were not for a small pillow under my neck I would be in agony the next day. Doesn't matter what type I use. But I can't sleep without one in a hammock.
    Got time to breath, you got time for music - Brisco Darlin

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123