Hammock
    Dutch net less wide
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20's / SLD TW
    Suspension
    Straps/no harware
    I had a hexon 1.7 rip fairly easy from dog nails when my 50# husky jumped out. I have a hammock made of hex 70 that i would trust, but i dont find it very comfortable.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    My experience...I am sure most of you have excellent dogs that don"t roll in dead stuff. My dogs have all been able to find stinky things. ...Life with a K9 often requires accommodation. ... Our cats have their own canvas hammock that is a mess, all raggedy.
    Of course, being an old codger, that reminds me of a story. One of my border collies was a rescue from a Sheridan, WY shelter. When I arrived in Sheridan the border collie, a red/white named Rosie, was just heading out the door with her new owner. They happen to have this other scroungy and thin BC that plopped motionless on the floor in the "get acquainted" room. I decided that we (my other BC and I) would give her a test drive up in the Cloud Peak wilderness before committing to a long term relationship. I needed to see how she would react to other folks and to thunder/jet type noises in the back country because I had two previous BC rescue adoptions go awry due the dogs being thunder shy and would quit me in the back country. When we arrived at the Cloud Peak trail head it was a rainy evening. Good, she passed the thunder test just fine. However, about bed time she showed up and it was ABUNDANTLY obvious she had found some human feces to roll in. Needless to say she spent the rainy night under the pickup while Starr and I enjoyed the cozy topper.

The next morning I took a bucket to the creek, a stiff brush, and rubber gloves that I was so thankful they somehow had found their way into the back of the truck. She got her first scrub down and cold creek water rinse. During the Cloud Peak trip she passed the other assessments and became an integral part of our wilderness team from a number of years as a solid team member.

I certainly hope the cats don't mistake your hammock encased butt for a new scratching posts to replace their raggedy one

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    My 41 lb. beagle Joey has always slept with me in my hammock, a Hexon 1.6 Chameleon, with no issues. However, I'd be hesitant to have Joey sleep with me in a Hexon 1.0 hammock. I don't feel that fabric is robust enough for my 165 lb. body, well enough for me and a dog.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    JRBNest, LocoLibre
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckle
    I had a brand new hammock made with Hexon 1.7 that I took out last year. The very first night I used it, the zipper pull on my shorts tore 3 huge holes in my hammock.

The holes didn't drop me on the ground but I had the hammock remade with a tougher material. Even though it was my fault, I will never trust Hexon 1.7 again.

Hammock
    11' Hexon 1.6, Poly D 1.3
    Tarp
    HG Standard Cuben
    Insulation
    DIY TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    12' tree straps to
    Images
    I'm around 190lbs and bring my 70lb pittie into my Hexon 1.6 in the colder months. No holes yet, but I do like the dog socks idea!

When it's warmer/wet out, he sleeps under me in his own UQ Pooch Protector

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12