Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Down!
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moray View Post
    The leak was in the very middle of the tarp from the small loop there. I had the ridgeline over the tarp so it wasn’t water traveling down from the ends. I will seal the ridge when I get home. My wet down bag in 30 degree weather wasn’t fun. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem
    I had the same issue. I got the center pole model which comes with a small loop at the center of the ridgeline on the inside of the tarp. I diluted some silicone that received from warbonnet with mineral spirits (3 parts spirits 1 part silicone) and painted the inside of the loop where it meets the ridgeline and on the outside of the loop on both sides where it touches the ridgeline. Problem solved!

I painted the rest of the ridgeline too just to be sure

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I used the Superfly for two or three seasons and never sealed the ridge other than the spot where the pole mod ribbon was sewn in... Never leaked on me
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I have sealed every tarp I own on both sides,pull outs too.Overkill I know but it beats getting wet and cold.I did not have to seal my HG Standard dyneema cuben fiber tarp as there is no seam to seal.

My skill set for sealing is not the best but I don't care what it looks like just so long it stays dry.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC/Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Becket
    Had the same issue with my new Superfly leaking at the middle tab as well, thankfully I was car camping and had a super cab truck to sleep in after removing everything before it got soaked, or I would have been even more p....d.
    It's the tab in the middle causing the leak according to Warbonnet. Was told they just started installing it and some were having issues with it leaking at that point. You can either seam seal it, or send it back for a new one. I needed mine the following weekend, so I seam sealed mine.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    I sealed the tab on both sides of the tarp when I got home. We don’t get very much rain in SoCal so next time I set it up I will pour some water on it to test it. I’m not sure what the tab is used for. My tarp doesn’t have the center pole mod.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Did seam sealing it fix your leak? I bought a custom superfly with a center pole mod and rings for my ridgerunner shockcord. Was out last night in some thunderstorms and the three tabs under the tarp leaked pretty bad. Hammock and top quilt got soaked. My pullouts didn't leak a drop after seam sealing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mo_hunter; 06-15-2019 at 20:31.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by mo_hunter View Post
    Did seam sealing it fix your leak? I bought a custom superfly with a center pole mod and rings for my ridgerunner shockcord. Was out last night in some thunderstorms and the three tabs under the tarp leaked pretty bad. Hammock and top quilt got soaked. My pullouts didn't leak a drop after seam sealing.

Sorry to hear about your wet night. I sealed all my pullouts when I first received my tarp and they didn’t leak at all.I sealed the tab but haven’t had a chance to test it out. I will definitely test it before my September Boundary Water trip.

Images
    Yes, this is on the list of things to update (the seam seal video) The 13' model tarps have rings a few feet in from the ends to attach your RR net cord to, and all tarps with center pole mod have one in the center of the seam to attach the top of the pole to. Some people are experiencing a drip from these loops, so in that case you will seal a 3/4" wide section on the outside of the tarp's ridge seam. The black edge binding has stitches on both sides of it (neither of which are on the underside of the tarp), seal the stitch line only on both sides of the black binding. The loop underneath is only 1/2 wide so sealing the stitch line 3/4" to 1" is plenty to cover it. You shouldn't need to put any on the underside.

Use the silicone that came with your tarp, or clear 100% silicone from the hardware store

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner/blackbird xlc
    Tarp
    Bushwack minifly
    Insulation
    Lynx/Wooki
    Suspension
    Dutch spider/poly
    Quote Originally Posted by warbonnetguy View Post
    Yes, this is on the list of things to update (the seam seal video) The 13' model tarps have rings a few feet in from the ends to attach your RR net cord to, and all tarps with center pole mod have one in the center of the seam to attach the top of the pole to. Some people are experiencing a drip from these loops, so in that case you will seal a 3/4" wide section on the outside of the tarp's ridge seam. The black edge binding has stitches on both sides of it (neither of which are on the underside of the tarp), seal the stitch line only on both sides of the black binding. The loop underneath is only 1/2 wide so sealing the stitch line 3/4" to 1" is plenty to cover it. You shouldn't need to put any on the underside.

Use the silicone that came with your tarp, or clear 100% silicone from the hardware store
    I seam sealed both inside and out. No more leaking, I love the center pole mod and rings to attach my shockcord for the ridgerunner to. I had the pullouts spaced at 77 inches to use external pole mods with my ridgerunner. Center pole mod for blackbird xlc. Feel like I have the best of both worlds now.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12