Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat

Three colors of Blackbird

OK..I need 15 posts before I can legally sell stuff here..so I'll write about color as that is one of the hardest characteristics to convey over the internet.

I went over to the Warbonnet flagship store the other day and checked out the three fabrics side by side. The 1.7 olive drab, 1.1 grey, and 1.1 coyote brown.

All three will blend in well anywhere. The grey probably slightly better in the deep forest, the coyote slightly better in the desert. Olive best all around.

Too my eye the grey was by far the prettiest color. Subtle but rich. More green than grey I think . Also the grey matches the color of the WB tarps.

Hammock
    Clark NX-200 & Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    RX-200
    Insulation
    Shenandoah Long

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fishtar View Post
    OK..I need 15 posts before I can legally sell stuff here..so I'll write about color as that is one of the hardest characteristics to convey over the internet.

I went over to the Warbonnet flagship store the other day and checked out the three fabrics side by side. The 1.7 olive drab, 1.1 grey, and 1.1 coyote brown.

All three will blend in well anywhere. The grey probably slightly better in the deep forest, the coyote slightly better in the desert. Olive best all around.

Too my eye the grey was by far the prettiest color. Subtle but rich. More green than grey I think . Also the grey matches the color of the WB tarps.
    I'll help you get to 15 posts What kind of good stuff are you selling?

Interesting you find the grey so nice. I'll have to take another look at it.

Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat
    I have a MSR Outfitter Wing, a Hennessy Expedition Asym, ENO pro straps, a set of Cabelas down underwear, a Filson Duster coat (could be made into a hammock coat!).

I was not into the grey either until I saw it. That is why I posted. Some people see the color green better than others though. So it may just look grey to others.

I think I am only a few posts off now. Thanks Tommy.

I didn't know Warbonnet offered coyote brown? I've been back and forth trying to decide between the BB and HH. Mostly oak trees around so lots of brown with exception in summer. I want stealth and minimal bulk over comfort for the most part, my bivy works fine sometimes but in humid summer I'd like the ventilation a hammock offers while getting off the ground away from the creepy crawlies.

Looking at the side profile shot of the gray 1.1 BB on their site, it doesn't look bad, I do see some green. It looks drab. Maybe I can do the 1.1 dbl after all, trying to find more pictures.

I'm only 5'6" so don't need a big hammock, but maybe I'll find it more comfy/flat. I found 4 yards of cheap walmart ripstop, should make a test hammock to see if I can sleep well. I'm mostly a stomach and side sleeper, I have no comfort problems on the ground; in fact, I'm sleeping on an army CCF pad at home! For the last couple months anyways, I was thinking my waterbed was giving me back and neck problems. But so far I still get neck cramps, starting to think it's from staring at the 8 monitors on my desk at work though. Have until April 20th and then my job will be going to India and I will be staying here!

Hammock
    Mayan, Blackbird
    Tarp
    SuperFly
    Insulation
    Downmat
    I believe dude said the coyote ones will ready with the next batch...couple of weeks?

Also I know a chiropractor and he thinks the best bed for backs is a piece of firm foam (placed on a box spring for height).

I think Hennessys are better suited for summer and the tropics and Warbonnets for temperate climates. The Hennessy bottom hole is good for escaping bugs but bad for escaping cold. Hennessssy might be just the thing if you follow the job to Mumbai. Can always sell one you don't like here for a marginal loss. Take care.

Fourteen posts. Good enough. Thank you

• + New Posts