Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    spartakden

Hammock on top of box truck?

Anybody ever put a hammock on top of a box truck? I drivele all over US making deliveries in a small 16ft box truck. I recently got an idea of sometimes in a good weather to sleep in top of it in a hammock, however I am not sure how to set that up! I wonder if anyone ever did something like that? Anything helps, thank you!!!

Images
    If you can find an anchor point, I would think you could easily set up with a tensahedron stand.

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    If you can find an anchor point, I would think you could easily set up with a tensahedron stand.
    The tow points on the van, maybe?

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Watch out for roof weight limits.
    The roof of a vehicle has a suggested weight limit, normally found in the owners manual.

I think a engineer type mind would be able to talk about opposing force and such.

The top of box trucks are normally not designed to hold weight. So use caution.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Watch out for roof weight limits.
    The roof of a vehicle has a suggested weight limit, normally found in the owners manual.

I think a engineer type mind would be able to talk about opposing force and such.

The top of box trucks are normally not designed to hold weight. So use caution.
    I agree with this warning. Proceed at your own risk.

I assumed you want to set up on top of the truck instead of inside the compartment because the compartment would be filled with cargo. If so, that might make bracing the roof of the compartment with some sort of column impractical or impossible.

Banned
    On the first use, one of the straps ripped, although disappointed I figured I'd contact the seller as I had seen other good reviews. After contacting them and receiving another product and a custom letter I do believe what happened to the strap was a rare occurrence and am excited to use the replacement straps!

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Quote Originally Posted by diazsjonathan8 View Post
    On the first use, one of the straps ripped, although disappointed I figured I'd contact the seller as I had seen other good reviews. After contacting them and receiving another product and a custom letter I do believe what happened to the strap was a rare occurrence and am excited to use the replacement straps!
    Did you mean to post on this thread about hanging on top of a "Box Top Truck"?

Straps are not the discussion, as I read this thread, the discussion is how to safely hang from the top of a small commercial truck.

Maybe consider starting your own thread on your strap experience so members will be able to post comments.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by IRONFISH45 View Post
    Did you mean to post on this thread about hanging on top of a "Box Top Truck"?

Straps are not the discussion, as I read this thread, the discussion is how to safely hang from the top of a small commercial truck.

Maybe consider starting your own thread on your strap experience so members will be able to post comments.
    This user has 2-3 other posts today that all seem misplaced.

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...25#post1970625

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...22#post1970622

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR
    Tarp
    Dutchware Bonded
    Insulation
    Enlightened / HG
    Suspension
    HG Daisy Chain
    Images
    Turtle dog stand should do it and spread the weight on the roof out.
    Some days I can't tell whether I found a rope or lost a horse...

Hammock
    DW Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    HGUQ 10 | WBDB 20
    Suspension
    Marlin Sp. Whpies
    I can't say anything about a truck per se, but I do have experience hanging off my Murano. Setup was pretty simple, had an 8' dutch beetle buckle on the side tied out to the tree, and a spare daisy chain strap I keep in the trunk. Worked great, solid hang in a juniper forest where there weren't two good trees to hand from... That anchor point is the tough part to find, but once you do, it works great. I've seen some guys on here using their truck + climbing cams in a wall, and it seemed to work great.

car-camp-desert.jpg

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast