12’ Trail Lair by SLD
    Tarp
    12’ Winter
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings

Reaching out to Texas Hammock Hangers

Is there a listserv for Texas Hammock Hangers? I don’t have a FB account, but would like to know about upcoming hangouts in Texas.

Regards,
    Optinaut

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Optinaut View Post
    Is there a listserv for Texas Hammock Hangers? I don’t have a FB account, but would like to know about upcoming hangouts in Texas.

Regards,
    Optinaut
    I think the THH FB owners have their own hammock website have you searched for that? I assume they keep them both uptodate.
    I don't visit either these days so I don't know for sure.

Hammock
    12’ Trail Lair by SLD
    Tarp
    12’ Winter
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    I think the THH FB owners have their own hammock website have you searched for that? I assume they keep them both uptodate.
    I don't visit either these days so I don't know for sure.
    Thank you, OutandBack. I didn’t realize THH FB owners had their own website. After seeing mention of the group on this sub-forum, I did a quick and lazy google search and only noticed the FB page. As of now, it looks like their non-FB late is no longer hosted and they only maintain the FB page.

Hopefully I will stumble across some Texas Hangouts on this forum. As someone new to hammocks, I thought it would be a great opportunity to learn from more experience Hangers at some of the hangouts. To date, I’ve just been doing solo and family hangs.

Regards,
    Shane

Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    There was another hammock listserv which had a lot of Texas hangers. www.******************* However, the site has been down for a couple of days now and I don't know why.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Karla "with a k" View Post
    There was another hammock listserv which had a lot of Texas hangers. www.******************* However, the site has been down for a couple of days now and I don't know why.
    It was so popular it crashed!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Images

Regards,
    Optinaut
    You do not need a Facebook Account to view

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Texa...group_activity

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    You do not need a Facebook Account to view

You need a FB account to join. If you don't join you basicly see the banner and nothing else.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    You need a FB account to join. If you don't join you see the banner and nothing else.
    Then I suppose that you could join Facebook, set all parameters to "Private" and never post on your page. Configuring the view privileges to only family and friends with no "family and friends" might get it done.

I remember party-lines for telephone service, not much privacy there.

Hammock
    12’ Trail Lair by SLD
    Tarp
    12’ Winter
    Insulation
    HG Econ UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_guilbeau View Post
    Then I suppose that you could join Facebook, set all parameters to "Private" and never post on your page. Configuring the view privileges to only family and friends with no "family and friends" might get it done.

I remember party-lines for telephone service, not much privacy there.
    I tried to go that route to join my astronomy club’s FB group (HAS for any Houston-area sky watchers) as that was where they pushed out event notices. I made a lot of effort to keep private, but FB managed to pull my contacts from my mobile device and broadcast to my friends and family that I was on the platform, but “private”...which opened a hole can of worms

I’ve since opted to avoid it entirely and receive club announcements via our listserv. But thank you for the suggestion, Joe. I see you’re just a little up the road from me - San Antonio. Howdy from Houston.

Images
    I tried to go that route to join my astronomy club’s FB group (HAS for any Houston-area sky watchers) as that was where they pushed out event notices. I made a lot of effort to keep private, but FB managed to pull my contacts from my mobile device and broadcast to my friends and family that I was on the platform, but “private”...which opened a hole can of worms

I’ve since opted to avoid it entirely and receive club announcements via our listserv. But thank you for the suggestion, Joe. I see you’re just a little up the road from me - San Antonio. Howdy from Houston.
    Your story is not the first I have heard of this kind of stuff happening with FaceBook. There are reasons the Zuck has been called before congress more than once.
    I don't keep track of every TX hang but I would bet all the bigs are posted right here on HammockForums.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast