Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles

Video/ Photos: Lake Metroparks (Northeast Ohio) River Road campsite

Hello,

My girlfriend and I took a brief trip to Lake Metroparks' River Road campsite in Madison, Ohio. It's a great site that's very secluded. It costs $10 a night for in county residents, and $20 for out of county. The site comes fully stocked with firewood. There are benches and two picnic tables. It's a fantastic deal. It's about an hour from where we live now, but I am from the area and worked for the Metroparks throughout college. It's always great to go back.

First, we got out of the car, put on our packs and headed onto the trail. We saw a bald eagle 30 seconds after I took this picture and put my phone away.
    20190518_151248.jpg

After walking past the bog/pond, we reached the campsite after about 5 minutes of walking.
    walk.jpg

We set up camp among the hundreds of trees in the area. It wasn't hard to find trees, it was hard to find the ones we wanted, with all of the choice.

hang.jpg

I was using a brand new Dutchware 0.9 Hexon 12 foot tarp. It gave me great coverage, even though it didn't rain a drop. I was hanging in my Dream Hammock Sparrow, covered by a Loco Libre Gear synthetic underquilt.

hang2.jpg

I bought my girlfriend a Dutchware half-zip hammock which arrived Friday, she bought the tarp to go with it. That Moroccan Blue is fantastic, isn't it?

jenny.jpg

I got a fire going:

fire.jpg

Then it was time to chill:
    chill.jpg

And after we ate some dinner, the best part of hammock camping came: Bedtime.....
    dark.jpg

It was a great time, I highly recommend checking it out if you live in Ohio. It's worth the trip.

Oh, and here's the video!
    Last edited by Marmaduke; 05-20-2019 at 18:40.

• + New Posts