Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I purchased a similar hammock this spring, only without the bugnet. My cost at the time was $13.99

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076WWL7XM (Gray & Tan - not currently available)

I added this bugnet for $15.88 which included a gear tray that has adjustable straps to keep your pack off the ground:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FC6KCD2

I've added a ridgeline ($2.75 @ EMS) and swapped the carabiners out with wiregate ones ($6.15).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LLXMBS8

Oh, and I had also added this tarp to go with it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C3L787R/

And I scored a High Sierra Tokopah 55L backpack on clearance at a local Sierra for $29

It's my first hammock and yes there is quite a bit of stretch and it's probably a heavy setup compared to most, but I'm comfortable in it and I sleep well in it.

- Clyde

Update: after a while got tired of how tight the sides were when getting in/out. Figured what the heck couldn’t buy fabric to make one this cheap and proceeded to remove the two additional panels. Solved my problems entering and exiting and no more fabric in the face. I’m a mere 5’8” so YMMV but it’s a perfect fit for me with the additional length you don’t find in most “budget single hammocks”. Best $11 I’ve spent in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sheldon.horsfall View Post
    Update: after a while got tired of how tight the sides were when getting in/out. Figured what the heck couldn’t buy fabric to make one this cheap and proceeded to remove the two additional panels. Solved my problems entering and exiting and no more fabric in the face. I’m a mere 5’8” so YMMV but it’s a perfect fit for me with the additional length you don’t find in most “budget single hammocks”. Best $11 I’ve spent in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about removing the two add on side panels as well as removing the sewed on bugnet stuff sack. I assume you just seam ripped it with no issues.

P.S. I've used this bugnet on an 11ft Dutch hammock quite often and it has worked well. It is cooler than my Fronkey bugnet due to the larger openings in the netting yet no issue with bugs getting in and the zipper has worked fine (I avoid zippers on field equipment but this one has been fine so far - about 20 nights).
    Last edited by oldpappy; 07-05-2019 at 14:27.
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    Multiple
    I hadn't heard of vipon before. There was a netless hammock for 9 eurs in amazon.de. I bought it for my 5 year old niece who always wants to play in my hammocks with her shoes on. Now she can have her own.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    DIY (Olive Oyl)
    Insulation
    [allergic to down]
    Images
    I got a couple cheep hammocks using vipon coupons a year ago for about $8 each -- got them specifically for the daisy chain tree webbing for backyard hanging. Have never even opened the hammocks themselves! I imagine I can use them (or the fabric) for something, someday...

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234