Hammock
    11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

WI > 3rd Annual BACONFEST > Devil’s Lake State Park > May 17-19, 2019 -- Trip Report --

BACONFEST 2019 is in the books! I just walked in the door and need to unpack all my wet gear to dry out before the series finale of Game of Thrones tonight. I wanted to get a trip report thread started so anyone can post pictures, stories, or comments. I'll add my own comments and pictures tomorrow.

Here's a link back to the original thread: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...May-17-19-2019
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    The 3rd Annual BACONFEST (where we eat bacon with every meal) was held at Devil's Lake State Park this year. Thunderstorms and small hail were in the forecast and we only had a couple people back out due to the weather.

We avoided hail and had brief thunderstorms each night. On & off again rain all day, but we were able to enjoy a campfire both nights.
    Fri: 65/45
    Sat: 58/ 42

A large tarp, a pop up canopy and a large tent provided enough space to keep dry.

The spectacular views from the west bluff during a rain storm are a bit less impressive and made for a slippery hike on the steep rock stairs.

The rainy hike was all worth it when you get to have BLTs for lunch!

Unfortunately, we had nursery of raccoons visit our site. We think there were 8 of them. These critters were not afraid to come within feet of us. They got into Scott's cooler and tested his bacon bite entry. Then they clawed/chewed through Franklin's vinyl truck cover to get at the trash. Yikes!

Saturday night is Bacon Bite Night and we had AMAZING food entries for both sweet and savory categories. Check out these Bacon Brownies with chocolate chunks:

Our two winning dishes were:
    Savory winner: K-Squared's Asian Cucumber bacon bites
    Sweet winner: Amy's Coffee Caramel Bacon Chocolate Bark bites

Both of these women received a one-of-a-kind bacon double ended stuff-sack and ridgeline organizer by Dutch!

Despite what could have been a horrific weather weekend, turned out to be "not that bad". Our group of 16 were a delight and two people got to try out a hammock for the first time and are now hammock converts!

Thanks again for sponsoring our Bacon Bite Night prizes, Dutch!!! I look forward to seeing everyone next year at the 4th Annual BACONFEST. As soon as a site is booked, an announcement will be made.
    Last edited by Karla "with a k"; 05-21-2019 at 10:01.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 97 months

Hammock
    HH UExpl; WBBB; JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    CCS; HH Hex; WB Su
    Insulation
    MW-3, Sierra Sniv
    Suspension
    Woopie, Dutch Clip
    Thanks Karla!
    It was another epic BaconFest.
    Nice to meet new people. (might have a few hammock converts)
    -bill.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps

• + New Posts