Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    For those of us who sleep on our sides (or stomach), the Ridgeruner gives a really comfortable night's sleep. With an inflatable air mattress, its like being on a cot swinging in the air.

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Alright, y'all have got me amped up. I've just decided I'm going to take my RR to the Foothills Trail for our 3 night backpacking trip over Memorial Day weekend and finally give it an honest to goodness fair shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameth View Post
    Alright, y'all have got me amped up. I've just decided I'm going to take my RR to the Foothills Trail for our 3 night backpacking trip over Memorial Day weekend and finally give it an honest to goodness fair shot.
    Four of us just hiked the Foothills Trail the first week of May, and I took my bridge along despite the weight penalty of the spreader bars. I slept well every night and was glad I had it.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    12' HG DCF tarp w/
    Insulation
    Ridge Creek xl
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    I've been enjoying a RR as well. A few things that I really appreciate about it are: It's easier to get a good hang with. No calf ridge. No huge sections of extra material blocking my view. No need to fiddle with a shifty UQ. It's darn comfortable and if hung flat enough, I can sleep on my stomach. The side pockets are fantastic.

The downside is the extra weight but, if paired with a DCF tarp and carbon fiber spreader bars, it isn't too bad.

I also discovered that since I wanted a tarp with doors, 12 feet was necessary so that I could mostly close the doors. 12.5 feet would be nice.

Because the hammock hangs flatter, I don't worry about it hanging way down below the sides of the tarp during bad weather. Peace of mind mostly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    Fortress
    Insulation
    Too many to list
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gillam View Post
    I've been enjoying a RR as well. A few things that I really appreciate about it are: It's easier to get a good hang with. No calf ridge. No huge sections of extra material blocking my view. No need to fiddle with a shifty UQ. It's darn comfortable and if hung flat enough, I can sleep on my stomach. The side pockets are fantastic.

The downside is the extra weight but, if paired with a DCF tarp and carbon fiber spreader bars, it isn't too bad.

I also discovered that since I wanted a tarp with doors, 12 feet was necessary so that I could mostly close the doors. 12.5 feet would be nice.

Because the hammock hangs flatter, I don't worry about it hanging way down below the sides of the tarp during bad weather. Peace of mind mostly.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Honestly the weight with the dutch straps/beetle buckles is about the same as my black bird a few ounces are worth the comfort though. Id say my pack weight is light but will never be ultralight. Doesnt need to be as I only hike weekends never super long distances.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Did my first overnight in Maine a few weeks ago with my RR. I'm a side sleeper with bad discs and chronic pain. Now, I'm not sure how much I actually slept (overnights generally are new to me still and this was only 2nd time in a hammock at all, so lots of "nervous" factors), but I will say that I couldn't BELIEVE it when I woke up the next morning and was NOT in pain!

Still need to practice more to prove the magic, but that first overnight (in 36.6 degree weather no less, which I've never even braved through with a tent!) was such an exciting experience for me!

For the record I also LOVE my full Length 0 degree Lynx underquilt and my upcoming "HangTightShop" 20 degree topquilt, which is a big part of the whole equation.

I'm "dying" because I have no trees at home, and sooo many trees here in NJ in local parks are swarming with poison ivy Still learning distances and after getting out after work the other day and trying to find suitable trees with the right distance and no poison hanging on it.. I had to give up

About that Tensa 4.. (whoops.. rabbit trail!)
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NJHeart2Heart View Post
    Did my first overnight in Maine a few weeks ago with my RR. I'm a side sleeper with bad discs and chronic pain. Now, I'm not sure how much I actually slept (overnights generally are new to me still and this was only 2nd time in a hammock at all, so lots of "nervous" factors), but I will say that I couldn't BELIEVE it when I woke up the next morning and was NOT in pain!

Still need to practice more to prove the magic, but that first overnight (in 36.6 degree weather no less, which I've never even braved through with a tent!) was such an exciting experience for me!

For the record I also LOVE my full Length 0 degree Lynx underquilt and my upcoming "HangTightShop" 20 degree topquilt, which is a big part of the whole equation.

I'm "dying" because I have no trees at home, and sooo many trees here in NJ in local parks are swarming with poison ivy Still learning distances and after getting out after work the other day and trying to find suitable trees with the right distance and no poison hanging on it.. I had to give up

About that Tensa 4.. (whoops.. rabbit trail!)
    The Tensa4 is super cool and definitely worth the money, IMO... but you can pretty easily test the concept without shelling out so much cash. Try a DIY version with 3/4” EMT or 1” if you want to be conservative. It's an easy DIY project and very affordable!

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner Bridge
    Tarp
    UGQ Winterdream 13
    Insulation
    Lynx, hangtight
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    The Tensa4 is super cool and definitely worth the money, IMO... but you can pretty easily test the concept without shelling out so much cash. Try a DIY version with 3/4” EMT or 1” if you want to be conservative. It's an easy DIY project and very affordable!
    I'm honestly anti-DIY... except for knots
    ~~~NJHEART2HEART Dawn~~~
    "Seek God, Embrace the Journey, Leave a Legacy of Love"

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 13' Winter
    Insulation
    DIY TQ/Pad
    Suspension
    Straps n Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ChacMool View Post
    With an inflatable air mattress, its like being on a cot swinging in the air.
    I agree. I experimented with GE hammocks for over a year and never had a single good night sleep in one. Then I started tinkering with bridges with better success but never had that “AHA!” moment till I decided on a whim to try my Klymit Insulated Static V in it. BOOM! Game changer. Just last night I tried my son’s ultralight Static V, which is narrower and tapered, and it wasn’t nearly as comfortable. It didn’t open the hammock up like the full size version and created a tippy feeling as I constantly found myself shifting to the outside of the pad. My setup is isn’t super light, but I sleep like I’m on a cloud.

Hammock
    Trail Lair/LSOH WarriorUL
    Tarp
    ManyFly's/HG WP
    Insulation
    HG/Speer/WB
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by sidneyhornblower View Post
    Four of us just hiked the Foothills Trail the first week of May, and I took my bridge along despite the weight penalty of the spreader bars. I slept well every night and was glad I had it.
    My son and I did the first 25 miles, from Oconee to Sloan's Bridge that Saturday and Sunday, weather was perfect that week. Too bad we had to come off trail Monday morning or we probably would've crossed paths. Love the FHT and Chattooga River!
    Last edited by Nameth; 05-20-2019 at 13:27.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast