Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    The one I bought at a Dollar Tree store has a screw cap. I put a down puffy jacket in and squeezed out much of the air. Next day it was still compacted, so not much air came back in. I store down items fully lofted but this bag could be useful while hiking as Leiavoia demonstrates.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I've had an inflatable pillow that didn't survive sub freezing temps.

I'm very curious to see your testing on durability for sub freezing temps. Not too many of those here in Florida, but seems like during HangCon in January, there is at least one night...
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    11 Ft Dutch Hexon 1.0 Sidezip
    Tarp
    12 ft HG Quest
    Insulation
    3/4 Phoenix20
    Suspension
    Spiderpolybeetles
    I've gone back to my original bag method because I can get more in the pack that way although I pay about an ounce penalty to do it.The vacuum bags are still an awesome piece of kit though.

Update for Canadian buyers: Dollarama has these!

The zipper lock is a bit weak. When I put my quilt in and tried to compress, I blew out the zipper, the first two times. I found that folding it over and holding while smooshing the bag was the solution.

My local only had Large (19"x33") and X-large (even bigger). I had kinda been hoping for smaller, so I could get two: one for top quilt and one for sleep clothes...more importantly, one for head pillow and one for knees. The Large is so big that I should really stuff all my wanna-be-dry items in one.

Also, I weighed it and compared to my trash compactor bag. The (Large) vacuum bag is 10 grams less than the (35"x25") compactor bag. Plus I save the weight and volume of my old camp pillow.

Hammock
    DIY GE 12’ Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    CDT Gemini DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopi slings
    Images
    A great idea that I really want to adopt. But it’s noisy.

Has anyone found a brand with a softer, quieter plastic? The only kind I’ve found and tried all have a slick, crinkly plastic that I hear every time I move my legs in the hammock.

Images
    I tried a plastic beach ball from Dollar Tree, inflated just a little. It worked well but I have sweating issues so haven't been using it lately. I didn't notice any noise.

Hammock
    DIY GE 12’ Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    CDT Gemini DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopi slings
    Images
    Bought some bags from the local Dollar store. Inflated and got comfy. This seems to work! And then the POP and a deflated bag. I tried a couple of others, all with the same result. I guess the double seals don’t work as well to hold air in as they do to keep air out when vacuumed.

I’m a big dude (76 in tall, 260lbs) but I’m surprised the weight of my legs created enough force to break the ziplock seals. Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone found a triple ziplock seal on a vacuum bag?

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234