Hammock
    DH Raven & Oak Creek Lost Valley
    Insulation
    Alps air pad
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook

Oak Creek Outdoor Supply - Lost Valley Hammock Bundle

Quick review after a trip the Adirondacks this past weekend.

Trip report here:
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

I purchased this hammock on Amazon as my first hammock, and for about $65 it’s really not bad at all.

The bundle includes the hammock with integrated bug net, tree straps (with loops and tensioners), carabiners, rain fly, stakes, guy lines, and shock cord.

Lost Valley Camping Hammock |... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KGOVEI6...p_mob_ap_share

The bundle packs into the included bag to about 12” x 8” x 4” and weighs in at just under 4lb.

It’s easy to set up, but I used my own stakes and paracord as the stakes included for the rainfly were super chintzy.

I also gave these self-tightening cams a try on the guy lines. I will not be using these again, and do not recommend them. Just stick with a tautline hitch.

Nite Ize CamJam Cord Tightener 2... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RQ3MSC...p_mob_ap_share

Pics:

I was very comfortable, slept great and stayed totally dry - despite a very rainy weekend. (I did use drip lines on the tarp ridgeline and on the shockcord to the bug net)

The quality seems good, but I’ll update this as I use it more and see how it holds up.

The hammock is small at 9.5’ but I’m only 5’6” so it was perfectly fine for me. I’d say if you’re over 5’8” it’s probably going to be a tight fit. The stuff sack is connected to the hammock, allowing you to stow a little gear like your phone and a small water bottle, and there’s also a little gear pocket on the interior where I stashed my headlight. But I wish there was a ridgeline inside the bug net that allowed me to hang some gear as well. That was really my only complaint.

For the price, I’m extremely happy with this purchase. I’m sure as I hammock camp more in the future I’ll upgrade to something nicer, but this is really more than adequate for a good beginner setup on a budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnthonyD; 05-11-2019 at 09:38.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG UL Hex
    Insulation
    Cedar Ridge
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Old thread, but I too picked up one of these as my first hammock. I had absolutely no knowledge about hanging and had a terrible night sleep my first time (not the hammock's fault). Since then, I've figured out what's what and have slept in it comfortably many times. It's quite comfy for what it is, though I do find the material a little stretchy. I'm always hanging lower by morning then when I set it up.

I have added an amsteel continuous ridgeline and soft shackles to attach both the tarp and the bug net to which I find significantly less cumbersome to setup then all the shock cord they want you to use.
    Last edited by *jblo*; 07-31-2020 at 19:05.

• + New Posts