Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Super Fly Silpoly
    Insulation
    JRB top and bottom
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Hammock Gear economy series is highly recommended. Excellent quality and it does what it says it will do all for a very affordable price IMHO. Just got an economy burrow from them and it is SWEET, very happy with the the product and shopping experience.

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ Buckles
    Thanks CMC. I went back and read your earlier post regarding overfill. Very informative.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Eldorado (Dream-Tex)
    Tarp
    ThunderFly
    Insulation
    Wooki, Diamondback
    Suspension
    DW June Bug Buckle
    There are a LOT of threads on this forum discussing overfill, so if that interests you, be sure to search for what has already been said. The quick summary is that no one has truly done a scientific method approach to come to a final conclusion. It is also a fairly polarizing topic. Depending on who you ask, you’ll get opposing answers. If you put a priority on bulk and shedding ounces and are on a budget, you won’t regret getting the standard “overfilled” amount. If you are car camping or like to over prepare and have the extra money, then extra down is indeed a wise investment because you get a lot of insurance value for just an ounce or two.

You may be wondering then, why not just get a quilt rated 10° lower instead of overfilling it. Good question! It is, in many ways equivalent, but that question is discussed in all the previous threads as well, so check them out for the long answers.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnwesley View Post
    HG premium incubator 20’ in camo. Just what I wanted in color and a step up in quality. Plus no 4 week wait. I’m stoked

I’ll post a pic when it arrives

I never got back to this one so here’s a pic of the setup. Not the best shot but shows the Uq on the hammock.

9144C733-C4F2-4374-BD51-72A1180F1623.jpg

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Still Looking...
    Insulation
    pad
    Suspension
    slap straps
    Ditched the sleeping bag this year for a down quilt. Hand made by @ugqoutdoor and I loved it. Since I switched to hammock camping/backpacking, I have found that my sleeping bag was too restrictive and unzipped anyway. This < 1.4lbs Bandit top quilt is 850 fill, MRS20 outer shell, M10 inner shell, has a toe box and a few snaps but otherwise really lightweight and comfortable. This thing is so comfortable the family loves it even on the couch in the family room!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcharanis View Post
    Ditched the sleeping bag this year for a down quilt. Hand made by @ugqoutdoor and I loved it. Since I switched to hammock camping/backpacking, I have found that my sleeping bag was too restrictive and unzipped anyway. This < 1.4lbs Bandit top quilt is 850 fill, MRS20 outer shell, M10 inner shell, has a toe box and a few snaps but otherwise really lightweight and comfortable. This thing is so comfortable the family loves it even on the couch in the family room!
    Congrats on the Bandit! That M10 inner shell is super comfortable. I would love to use mine inside too, but I have cats that would probably shred it.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcharanis View Post
    Sounds like a good set up. I just picked up a used burro 20 degree to match my UQ. So I’m set up now. All the basics covered. Looking forward to some camping.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234