HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket

ENO Guardian SL Bugnet

I bought an ENO Guardian SL Bugnet to use with my OutdoorVitals 9' hammock. This is a small hammock that my children use.

I put the bugnet on with the small opening at the foot end of the hammock, and wrapped it around the hammock, underquilt and ridgeline. While in the hammock, I tried to pull the large opening up over my body and head. This proved to be difficult, as though the net was too small.

The net comes with it's own built-in ridge line. I'm thinking that if I put the net on in such a way that it goes over my hammock and quilt, but not the SRL, it will fit more easily.

Do you all have any experiences with this product and any suggestions for getting it to fit more easily? TIA

**EDIT**
    Maybe I need to remove my ridgeline, and utilize the Guardian Ridgeline instead?

WK,

On my Guardian Bugnet, I run the hammock ridgeline through the Bugnet on each end. Essentially, the Bugnet forms a "tube" around the hammock. It reminds me of "Snakeskins" being used on a Hammock.

I then deploy another ridgeline above the hammock ridgeline. My Guardian Bugnet has these small clips on the top of the Bugnet. I then hook these clips onto the dedicated Bugnet Ridgeline. This lifts the Bugnet Tube up off the Hammock Ridgeline. You can then move the Bugnet Ridgeline up or down the trees to get the height you want.

The Guradian Bugnet was one of the first Hammock Accessoroes I bought. It served me well until I upgraded to a Dream Hammock Raven. The Raven has a Bugnet add on which is easier to deploy.

Hit me up if you have any more questions. I am not a computer guy so Ill have to try to explain things via computer text/type.

Be safe.

Bob

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    WanderingKansas, Here is a YouTube video showing how to put this bug net on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgZANMX4KnY

I'd start by saying you put the hammock inside the bug net (zipper opening) then attach the net to your suspension through the velcro closures at the ends of the bug net. The video will show it better than I can describe.

There are a couple of suspension options and I'm guessing your YouTube search will show them - just lying on top of a hammock ridge line, attached to the hammock suspension itself, clipped to it's own separate ridge line, clipped to a tarp ridge line if the ridge line is run under the tarp, etc.
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    DH Darien / WBBB
    Tarp
    HEX Asym / Minifly
    Insulation
    HG Econ 40
    Suspension
    Beetle/ Cinch
    Images
    I have the guardian bug net as well as the guardian SL bug net.you are referring to.
    I only used once the SL, it is pretty small and claustrophobic to me. Thinking about your question you should try to use the SRL from your hammock instead of its ridge line. It may give you more sag to slide the bug net underneath your hammock and UQ. To close it just scoot toward the head end and your hands will do the job easily. Try to hang the feet end higher than the head end.
    Hope that helps

I assumed it was made for the eno style carabiners, I only used the guardian bug net a few times, but I remember clipping the little plastic rings to the carabiners themselves. Probably was doing it wrong though, who knows.

But I did have to kind of move the top, then scoot the bottom up as I went along, seemed to work ok.

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    I'm returning the ENO to REI, and ordering a summer sock from Dutch!

• + New Posts