Tarp
    ENO HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images

under quilt

Hi has anyone bought a economy under quilt from Hammock Gear and what was your experience with them. Thanks

I don't think you will find anyone with much negative to say about the economy quilts from HG. I have had several and they are top notch craftsmanship. The only difference between those and the premium line is the materials. The economy quilts weigh more but are a great balance between value and weight.

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    ENO HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    Thank You... this is all new to me so any information or advise is welcomed!!!!

I've got the 40 degree Economy Pheonix underquilt with 3 oz of overfill and I had it down to 42 degree just this past Thursday and thought it performed excellent. It kept me plenty warm although there was zero wind. I sleep a little on the warm side and feel this quilt's temp rating is spot on and my impression is that you might start to feel a chill at anything under 40. It also stayed in place really well on my Eldorado hammock. Would definitely buy again. Happy trails

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I got my wife an economy 20 degree topquilt. Nothing economy about the construction quality. It is just cheaper down, but still better down than you get with most mass produced brands.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think you would be very happy with one of their Econ UQs.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Mark,

I've got two complete sets 10 Degree and 30 Degree. ( Incubators and Burrows ). Great Company and Great pieces of Gear. You will not regret anything. Their Customer Service is impeccable.

Enjoy.

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    ENO HouseFly
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix
    Suspension
    ENO Atlas Straps
    Images
    UPDATE: I recently Picked up Hammock Gear Premium Phoenix 40* under quilt from ebay used only once. Going to try it out this weekend but still need to get a top quilt. Can't wait to try it out.

Hammock
    WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ Buckles
    I'm trying to decide between the econ Phoenix and the Incubator. Use would be 3 season. any advise would be appreciated. New to hammock camping and froze my first camping trip.

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Yabazooee View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the econ Phoenix and the Incubator. Use would be 3 season. any advise would be appreciated. New to hammock camping and froze my first camping trip.
    If you're mostly backpacking, I'd go with the Phoenix. It's less bulky and lighter than the Incubator. I'm 6'1" and it covers me from just above my shoulders to just past my knees. I tend to sleep warm though, and I don't have issues with cold feet. Make sure you have a Z seat or some other insulated sit pad when the temps drop lower. Down to around 45F, I don't need the sit pad. Below that, or if it's breezy I'll sometimes feel a bit of the cold seeping in so I'll use the Z seat. This setup works for me, but if you're an active sleeper you might find the sit pad in the footbox of your top quilt to be annoying.

If I was to spend more time below 40F or a car camper, I'd probably go with the Incubator then, just because there's less of a fiddle factor.

My guess is though, if you find hammock camping works for you you'll probably end with more than one set of quilts. And probably more than one set of just about everything.

Good luck!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast