DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images

Half Wit users.. what are you doing for storage solutions?

Since the bug net hangs under the ridgeline, a traditional ridgeline organizer doesn't work as well. I am using a small gear hammock style organizer that originally hung on the SRL, just outside the bug net, and now hangs up in the head end peak, but it isn't ideal.

I making another Half Wit clone and I think I will have the bug net run over the SRL for a few feet and then under just so I can hang a small organizer.

Any other solutions worth sharing?
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Peak shelf......

Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Peak shelf......

Shug
    I thought of that too Shug, but it needs to clip to the ridgeline.

I tried to sew a triangle with some shock cord in for a little structure but that was a fail.
    Bob's brother-in-law

Images
    What about a side pocket opposite your outboard shoulder, kind of like what Dream Hammock offers?

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Side pocket... pretty much where my mini gear hammock is now. I have a small loop sewn into the side hem about 20" from the peak. The little noseeum gear hammock organize hangs between the end gather and the loop.
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Towns-End Luxury Bridge
    Quote Originally Posted by MikekiM View Post
    Since the bug net hangs under the ridgeline, a traditional ridgeline organizer doesn't work as well. I am using a small gear hammock style organizer that originally hung on the SRL, just outside the bug net, and now hangs up in the head end peak, but it isn't ideal.

I making another Half Wit clone and I think I will have the bug net run over the SRL for a few feet and then under just so I can hang a small organizer.

Any other solutions worth sharing?
    Micheal-
    I don't have one and haven't built one so fergive my ignance if I'm off base here:

Part of the simplicity of that hammock if I'm looking at it properly is that it's a simple build and single piece of netting. The single piece of netting being a minor limiting factor in that you may not be able to easily run it over the RL without changing things. Maybe as simple as altering your pattern for the net though? Besides the easy build- the adjustment of both height and RL position means it works for nearly any user... likely you have a good feel for how you use it and giving up that feature may not be a big deal.

If you have button holes on your machine- that seems like the easier fix from an alteration standpoint.
    Get it set up- and get the RL organizer you'd want to hang handy. Lay down and sort out where you'd want the organizer to hang and mark the spots you'd need it to pass through.
    I'd use a small piece of grossgrain to back the button hole on the netting and pop in the holes to hang your organizer.

A few prussic shock cords to hang the organizer and you maintain the flexibility of the system without reinventing the wheel.
    Maybe a line lock or similar adjuster on the organizer itself so you can adjust the height from inside the net if needed.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Bill View Post
    Micheal-
    I don't have one and haven't built one so fergive my ignance if I'm off base here:

Part of the simplicity of that hammock if I'm looking at it properly is that it's a simple build and single piece of netting. The single piece of netting being a minor limiting factor in that you may not be able to easily run it over the RL without changing things. Maybe as simple as altering your pattern for the net though? Besides the easy build- the adjustment of both height and RL position means it works for nearly any user... likely you have a good feel for how you use it and giving up that feature may not be a big deal.

If you have button holes on your machine- that seems like the easier fix from an alteration standpoint.
    Get it set up- and get the RL organizer you'd want to hang handy. Lay down and sort out where you'd want the organizer to hang and mark the spots you'd need it to pass through.
    I'd use a small piece of grossgrain to back the button hole on the netting and pop in the holes to hang your organizer.

A few prussic shock cords to hang the organizer and you maintain the flexibility of the system without reinventing the wheel.
    Maybe a line lock or similar adjuster on the organizer itself so you can adjust the height from inside the net if needed.
    Thanks Bill..

Let me add some color to this.

If you follow the original design the RL goes over the net. There are points where you can adjust how high and how far out the net hangs... simple shock cord and cord locks. I added a tab of grosgrain to the net along its' center line, burned a hole through just large enough for the shock to pass and used a prussik at the RL and cord lock under the net to adjust position. Actually there are two holes.. one in the middle that I don't adjust just keeps the net off my face. I really like the design.

I later revised the RL so it can be separated at the head end. I used a simple arrangement similar to Jeff Myers Evo Loop.. a button knot captured by a fixed eye. Works just fine. My thought is that adding another piece of grosgrain with a hole through the net about six to ten inches from the end gather would allow me to start the RL under the net, pass up through the hole and continue on as it is now. The idea for the detachable RL came from the desire to make the half wit bug net detachable as well... I haven't figured out that out yet. Anyway, even if the button knot is eliminated and the RL is continuous, having it start under the net gives me the ability to hang the noseeum storage loft between the RL and end gather.
    Bob's brother-in-law

Hammock
    Dutchware Halfwit
    Tarp
    Dutchware Asylum
    Insulation
    Outdoor Vitals
    Suspension
    Dutchware Whoopies
    Footbag.png

I use a simple mesh bag hung from my ridgeline. I use the Halfwit as well and I store the bag near my feet. When I need in it, I pull it up with my foot and push it back when done.
    Andrew Gleason
    "Foothills Trail Hiker"

Hammock
    WB Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    WookieUQ BurrowTQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    This is a neat design for storage that doesn’t depend on a ridge line. I use something simular. The zipper makes it easy to put items in.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/colle...ip-it-peak-bag

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast