Hey y'all!
I'm still relatively new to hammock camping and have decided to order something a bit nicer than the Eno Doublenest I've been using.

I'm torn as to whether or not I should go with a single or double layer, as I weight about 230lbs and would like to be able to bring my 50lbs pup in occasionally or maybe have a friend pile in and not have it come crashing down.

I'm looking at several different fabrics and it seems like I could get away with using a couple as single layers (Like the Hex70 or 1.9 Ripstop nylon) but there are others that seem like it would be pushing it to use as a single layer, but maybe overkill to double up on (like Dutch's Hexon 1.6) and I just don't know what to do!

I don't yet have an underquilt, but plan to go that route over a pad and thus a double layer in the case of the 1.6 would be more for looks and added security than for putting a pad between.

I also want to be able to store some gear inside with me if needed and not worry about that pushing the weight limit over the top.

So what do you guys think are some fabrics I should look more into and what are your opinions on single vs double layer for a person my size?