Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    I have a couple of questions about the amok dramur. (just curious) 1. what happens if you have a problem with your sleepingmat--a bad leak or something like that? 2. in winter, how hard is it to keep warm? 3. Any condenstation issues? 4. On a hot humid day, how comfortable is it to sleep in/ (since the bottom is a mat instead of an underquilt?
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    1) problem with an air mat is obviously a big deal. That being said, your mat is never on the ground, shouldn't contact anything sharp or pokey. Tent guys have used mats for years it's not some new untested kit. Most have repair or patch kits with them. Imo non issue

2) winter is exactly the same as any other sleeping arrangement. Depends on your insulation and base layer.

3) I've not had condensation issues personally, but I've seen pics on a few that have.

4) this is where a gathered end is better. Because of the mat, you cant vent from the bottom. When its 90+ my synmat feels very warm. In theory, you'd carry a non insulated mat instead in that weather, but I just don't get warm temps like that often

Thanks all!

I am 6'5" and 270, I have a 11ft Dutchware netless wide @68" wide that is pretty comfortable, but the only other hammock I tried was an ENO doublenest.

It's a cheap one to to try.

I modified a cheap topquilt for a UQ that is wide enough to sleep diagonally. It works well.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Im 6'1"/6'2", 240lbs and not sure between the Chameleon Wide or Regular. Im right on that cusp to go wide. Any suggestions ?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortalviking View Post
    Im 6'1"/6'2", 240lbs and not sure between the Chameleon Wide or Regular. Im right on that cusp to go wide. Any suggestions ?
    Definitely go wide. If you don't you'll always wonder what it would have been like if you did......... haha. I think anyone over 6 feet greatly benefits from a wider hammock. I'm 6'6" and couldn't live w/o one.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix/Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortalviking View Post
    At 6’, I prefer wide hammocks to “regular” 58 inch width hammocks, but my optimal width is around 64 inches which is what I primarily use. I do have a bit too much excess fabric with wide hammocks. Just tell Dutch in the order notes the finished width of the hammock you want. He can make it any width you’d like between 58-68”.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123