Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Alabama Sipsey Wolfpen Hang

Thanks for the big turn out guys! I know some of you drove many miles to hangout with what seems like family now. Plus it's all ways great to welcome new people to the family, we had a few new smiling faces this time and I hope you felt welcomed. If not I'm sorry! I did forget to say goodbye to our group from Louisiana but I did yell it out the window as I was driving off.

This hang around the campfire Friday night I say it was super hard to get a word in edgewise with all the conversation going on especially with Adam that young man loves to talk speaking of talking did I tell you guys the story about? Ole never mind! Okay it was me! I'm sorry!

Then we had the hike to the Big Tree Saturday and some of the group went and checked out a few waterfalls else where.

I always say our trip was success when we get out of the woods with everyone walking, so our trip was a success we had a few falls and really got lucky with the fall at the waterfall behind the big tree. I called him yesterday and he's feeling fine. It's to bad we didn't have it on film
    I think Jasmine is now realizing after that hike she is now ready to tackle more of what Sipsey has to offer! Why to go Jasmine we were all wore out by the time we got back to camp.

Saturday night around the campfire was totally different from Friday night, it wasn't hard at all to get a word in edgewise I think everyone was wore out and tired. I got to talk all I wanted
    I kept reminding everyone we took the shortcut! why is everyone so tired we took the shortcut!

Now lets talk food Man did we eat good again
    Thank you Wanda , Cloudyoa (divinity) Lawrence county people, Ashley, and Garrett ! Thank you!
    Plus thanks to all who helped clean up after the meals and helped with meals!
    A Big really Big Thanks goes out to John with his Beautiful white beard for putting up his tarp for all of us to stay dry Thursday. Thanks and thanks for bringing our new friend you know who you are? Could be peanut butter, stick, walks with eye poke, are what ever fits her personality?

It's always great to see these kids as they are getting older and watching them grow. It's really going to be fun watching Charlie from baby to manhood in the coming years.

Ashley good luck with all your treatments coming up our prayers and thoughts will be with you and Wanda and family.

Speaking of you guys the only thing people was worried about getting out of the woods on time was not missing out on your chicken and dumplings
    My wife and I had them and meatloaf for supper last night Thanks
    Thanks again and I hope everyone had a good time! Thomas
    Last edited by Bankheadboy; 04-29-2019 at 16:41. Reason: Spelling
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior
    Getting old is not for sissies! My mother in law Opal!
    It's me It's me It's Mr.T

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images
    One last thing my great niece Ella Ray looked over at me on the way home and said don't tell nobody but I Really liked those old people! I said yep me too!
    In the beginning, God created wilderness..and it was good. Lamar Marshall- Bankhead Warrior

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankheadboy View Post
    One last thing my great niece Ella Ray looked over at me on the way home and said don't tell nobody but I Really liked those old people! I said yep me too!
    Funny

Hammock
    Super Traveler
    Tarp
    Spinn OES-2QZQ-WL
    Insulation
    Incubator by SC
    Suspension
    Dutch wear
    Images

Hammock
    Hennessy Ultralite Explorer A-sym
    Suspension
    Eno Atlas Straps
    Jack Sparrow, Jasmine, Ashley, Wanda

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Tadpole
    Insulation
    HG 20 Econ Phoenix
    Suspension
    Fiddling...
    Great trip report, Thomas! You covered just about all the bases except for the Bigfoot Hunter stopping by to tell us our favorite campsite is a Sasquatch Hotspot. The new kids all seemed to fit right in, even that young fellow, Drifter. It’s such a joy seeing the little girls willing to adventure in the outdoors with us grown folks and able to get along with each other and entertain themselves, too.

I sure am grateful y’all are willing to meet me in the wilderness every now again- let’s do it again!

Charlotte

It was great seeing everyone! Well...I might have just seen a little too much of Thomas though! Leave the skirts to Dead Man PLEASE!!! And don't worry I kept giving Adam crap even after you left. I didn't want him to feel lonely.

I'm attaching some pics of our waterfalls adventure. It was definitely a beautiful day in the Sipsey! Can't wait until next time!

20190427_113748.jpg20190427_145207.jpg
    20190427_143520.jpg

Images
    I took that chair partially apart so it would look broken...hope that helped it stay put till they came to get it...Drifter left his chair as well, they were supposed to pick them both up.....

Hammock
    Left Handed WBBB, SB Pro
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY SLS
    Images
    This was my first time hang with the Sipsey group, and it was GREAT. Their open friendliness and joking around with you makes you feel like you have been with them for years. Got to see some old friends and made a bunch of new ones. When I go to any hang for the first time, I always pack meals as thou I’m on a solo trip, but someone was always cooking something. If you ever felt hungry while you were there, it was you own fault. It wasn’t till I got home that I realized I had left my chair there, oh well, it may show up at another hang at another time, I’m not going to give a second thought.
    My ego said, SURE you can.
    Half way in my body said OH NO YOU CAN'T

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

My YouTube

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR / BlackbirdXLC
    Tarp
    SimplyLightDesigns
    Insulation
    Lynx / LocoLibre
    Suspension
    webbing/buckles
    Images
    Divinity mentions your chair here:
    https://hammockforums.net/forum/show...ghlight=sipsey