Kammock Mantis
    Tarp
    Mantis Tarp
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Burro
    Suspension
    Mantis webbing str

Hello from Manheim, PA

Hi all I'm Pete and live in Manheim ,PA. I am just getting into hammock camping and currently I have a crua koala full kit. I have been recently looking at the new Hennessy 4 season setup as it it a about a full 2 pounds lighter than the crua setup. I am going to be using it to go backpacking so I would like a complete kit that doesn't weigh a ton. Any suggestions on other setups would be appreciated so I can weigh out all the options before dropping any more money.

Senior Member Pennsy Camp and Canoe's Avatar
    Hammock
    Dutchware 11' netless - Dark OG
    Tarp
    DIY 12' Winter hex
    Insulation
    LLG UQ, HG TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    hello and welcome from Erie, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpj1978 View Post
    Any suggestions on other setups would be appreciated so I can weigh out all the options before dropping any more money.
    I don't know if anyone will have any suggestions. Nobody around here is real opinionated on setups.

More seriously, welcome to the forums. Had to search for the Crua as it's not something I've heard of. Before you drop more dollars, definitely spend some time browsing some of the vendors who have subforums here. The Crua looks like a fairly normal bridge hammock with a lot of pockets. If you're into bridges, hit up Just Bill and look also at Warbonnet's Ridgerunner and Jacks R Better's Bear Mountain Bridge. I'm probably forgetting somebody else who makes bridge hammocks.

If you want to switch to a gathered end hammock, there are too many to list, so I'd say start with anybody who's got a subform on here. Look at their websites. Look at their videos. Look at their prices.

Finally, buy Derek's book "The Ultimate Hang" which will save you money in the long run by educating you so that you don't make regrettable buying decisions, or at least not as many.

Finally, I'll modestly point out my own videos on YouTube, where you may or may not learn anything about hammocks: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp1...rjBRkjTw-LqlOA

Oh, and there's some guy named Shug. People say he makes videos too.
    "...the height of hammock snobbery!"

Hammock
    Amok,Clark NX270, ENO junglenest
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Welcome from the other side of the state. Only advice I can offer ie RUN while you still have you sanity and a savings account!

Hammock
    BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wookie and LL TQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Welcome from a little further to the Northeast. Definitely take some time to look at all the options available. There are certainly many and high quality ones at that. Since you mention backpacking, consideration is needed in developing your personal preferences with hammocks and working toward a light setup that fits best. I have my ultra comfortable heavy setups and my compromising lighter ones.

Hammock
    Dutchware Netless - for now
    Tarp
    Xenon Winter
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    First, hey neighbor (Lititz).

Second you have two amazing hammock resources literally in your backyard.

2QZQ is in Lititz. Dutchware is on Walnut Street in Lancaster. Drop either of them a line or go visit.

Third, if you're not busy next weekend there's MAHHA at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. A bit of a drive but you can meet a LOT of hangers and see what kinds of setups folks have. There's a thread for it here in the forums....just search "MAHHA".

Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello from Manheim, PA

Yes! Definitely come to MAHHA if you can! And welcome!

Hammock
    Kammock Mantis
    Tarp
    Mantis Tarp
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix & Burro
    Suspension
    Mantis webbing str
    I wish I could go to the hang, but unfortunately I have to work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• + New Posts