Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    I just ordered a Chinese down sleeping bag, and as soon as it gets here, I will compare two of them and will get back here with the results.

Hammock
    SLD 11'
    Tarp
    11' HG w/ doors
    Insulation
    DIY or HG
    Suspension
    Webbing/Beckett
    Id had some time to use the synthetic jacket this summer. I'm perfectly happy with it but for a few things.
    Its definitely cheaply made. Sewn thru construction, arms are a tick short, esp if your using the small thumb holes. It's not in any way athletic cut, very much a bag. The zipper likes to suck in the fabric if not careful. I knew it was a gamble in the first place but for the price I paid (sub 100 i think) I'm happy with it. Warm enough and light. It did get fairly damp on one occasion, not wring out wet but close, and was still warm-ups and dried out that afternoon

If I were buying now, it's still probably a decent buy. If I were to do it again, I'd be looking at some of the new hoodie or 3/4 zips that were arriving on the market.

As long as you understand what your getting, odv has its place. Run of the mill items that might be slightly better then the average chinese/ebay things. Overrated and marketing garbage encrusted. In most every case, better can be had for the same amount but that requires a google search and such.

Hammock
    RSBTR DIY Kit
    Tarp
    Kelty Noah 12
    Insulation
    Incubator 20*
    Suspension
    Dutch straps/cinch
    I posted a review on their Aerie 20* mummy quilt here on HF. The "owner" of the company made a HF account in order to respond. Talked about how they were understaffed and "sorry we weren't responding". Then said, please get in touch with us so we can make it right.

I tried to get in touch with them again, twice more. Once again, no responses. The owner lacks integrity and character. He and his company are nothing more than words and marketing campaigns backing poorly made and falsely rated gear.
    Red Belt Grand Master Barista. Don't ask me about it, or there will be coffee made.

Hammock
    DIY 12' 1.6 oz Hyper D Baby
    Tarp
    DIY 12' RSBTR kit
    Insulation
    UGQ-uq OWLtq DIYsy
    Suspension
    SpiderStrap TI tog
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBunzy View Post
    I posted a review on their Aerie 20* mummy quilt here on HF. The "owner" of the company made a HF account in order to respond. Talked about how they were understaffed and "sorry we weren't responding". Then said, please get in touch with us so we can make it right.

I tried to get in touch with them again, twice more. Once again, no responses. The owner lacks integrity and character. He and his company are nothing more than words and marketing campaigns backing poorly made and falsely rated gear.
    I remember those posts. Shameful to see it go down like that

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be The light in Someone's Darkness - Change the World one Act of Compassion, One Act of Kindness at a Time - We are All Living on Borrowed Time
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJ...XMJUMaraHGfzhA

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBunzy View Post
    I posted a review on their Aerie 20* mummy quilt here on HF. The "owner" of the company made a HF account in order to respond.
    Interesting. The purported owner of Outdoor Vitals came on HF, made one post, and has never been heard from again. That speaks volumes about Outdoor Vitals.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

My thoughts exactly...and it is a shame because when I think ''made in USA'', I think of well made gear and OV are just not backing that up at all.

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrrky View Post
    My thoughts exactly...and it is a shame because when I think ''made in USA'', I think of well made gear and OV are just not backing that up at all.
    Well, none of the Outdoor Vitals gear is "made in the USA" - it's all made in China, to my knowledge. There are even videos of the owner touring the Chinese factories where his gear is made.

Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 10-15-2019 at 01:34.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Well, none of the Outdoor Vitals gear is "made in the USA" - it's all made in China, to my knowledge. There are even videos of the owner touring the Chinese factories where his gear is made.

It is mate, but I found that out after I bought from them 😕

Quote Originally Posted by chapinb View Post
    Id had some time to use the synthetic jacket this summer. I'm perfectly happy with it but for a few things.
    Its definitely cheaply made. Sewn thru construction, arms are a tick short, esp if your using the small thumb holes. It's not in any way athletic cut, very much a bag. The zipper likes to suck in the fabric if not careful. I knew it was a gamble in the first place but for the price I paid (sub 100 i think) I'm happy with it. Warm enough and light. It did get fairly damp on one occasion, not wring out wet but close, and was still warm-ups and dried out that afternoon

If I were buying now, it's still probably a decent buy. If I were to do it again, I'd be looking at some of the new hoodie or 3/4 zips that were arriving on the market.

As long as you understand what your getting, odv has its place. Run of the mill items that might be slightly better then the average chinese/ebay things. Overrated and marketing garbage encrusted. In most every case, better can be had for the same amount but that requires a google search and such.
    ...and for all the people that haven't read all the replies and why I am not thinking that "What you pay is what you get" is OK with OV here are a photo and some numbers comparing genuine sleeping bag bought from China and an OV as a simple reseller. Adobe_Post_20191015_0851400.14168035136260837.jpg.. and just to add, price of 500$ was with the hammock, so deduct about 100$ from the price
    Last edited by Mrrrky; 10-15-2019 at 02:17.

Hammock
    SLD Trail Lair
    Tarp
    SLD .9oz Asym Tarp
    Insulation
    LL Operator Series
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Buy once, cry once. You can't go wrong with our HF cottage vendors. Reputation is everything.
    I'm fairly new to down products, so when I got my first quilt combo from a respected vendor here, I actually had nothing to compare it to. In the meantime, I bought a lightweight and very cheap down jacket.
    Bottom line: Every time I get out of it, there are tiny feathers flying around. I never saw any feather come out of one of the quilts.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast