Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post
    I like your videos and you weren't who I was thinking of when I made my comments (don't recall the video you mentioned), but whether you accept cash or product, it's still payment.
    Feels more barter than payment to me. To test a product and shoot and edit the video and answer all comments and questions takes a fair bit of my time so I see it as a fair trade. But I did not do a video on the OV product.
    One reason I do like to do videos on cottage vendors as many folks would never see or hear of the product unless the are part of HF or a hammock Facebook page.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
    I quoted off the wrong post. I meant to quote the post earlier commenting on OV, not the video link. I am kind of old and simple and make a lot of mistakes like that. I just wondered if OV might have sent you a better than average pick hoping for a good review. I have always wondered if the samples sent to YouTube posters are a little better than the average items.
    Could be true!

Banned
    Hammock
    Dutch
    Tarp
    HG Quest
    Insulation
    20/-20Wooki, LL0*
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Bought from them and completely satisfied. You know what you're getting. Not everyone wants or needs overpriced custom hammocks. Cheap is fine - especially if it means getting more people OUTDOORS and active!

Quote Originally Posted by Trecker8 View Post
    Bought from them and completely satisfied. You know what you're getting. Not everyone wants or needs overpriced custom hammocks. Cheap is fine - especially if it means getting more people OUTDOORS and active!
    I will repeat what I've said already, a lot cheaper Chinese equipment is the same quality as OV, maybe even better.

Hammock
    HH Expedition, HH Explorer Dlx
    Tarp
    Noah 12, BCUSA 10
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, Old Rag
    Suspension
    Stock HH w/rings
    Images
    Folk,

Let's get the conversation back to hammocks and not stoves. I have removed a number of stove posts from this thread.
    Deb
    TOS Terms of Service Link
    Guidelines to New For Sale Section Link
    How to obtain access & maintain your threads in For Sale Section Link
    Guidelines for Want to Buy (WTB) Section
    Hammock Acronyms

"The older I get, the more I appreciate my rural childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors, unsupervised, which is a blessing." Barbara Kingsolver

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    I completely support the idea of starting with really basic gear to get a feel for future interest.

We started with really inexpensive ENO'S LIKE $15.00 USD.

Fortunately we were living in the U.S.A. when we started Hanging. If we had to pay V.A.T. exorbitant shipping and other fee's plus dool with the exchange rate we probably would not have pressed forward with Hanging.

I have a cheepy Brit hammock I really like. The cheap little hammock introduced me to "Bridge Hammocks". In the U.K. that hammock was less than half of of the coat of what I paid to import it.

Buying between countries is often very costly and returns are not particularly feasible.
    Last edited by IRONFISH45; 05-07-2019 at 02:09.

I just received my Outdoor Vitals StormLoft 0 degree top quilt and a StormLoft 15 degree under quilt and was very disappointed in the amount of fill in these items and I can’t really tell a difference in the 0 to the 15. I’m guessing the 0 degree top quilt might keep me warm down to 40 degrees but even that is iffy due to my 40 degree Marmot quilt is twice as lofty and 40 is pushing it for that one.

Unfortunately I didn’t read this post until after I made the purchase and after seeing the products I went looking to see if anyone else had the same experience and concern as I did. Yeah I was trying to cheap out and it looks like the consensus is clear.

The other issue is with the underquilt attachment cords, I have no idea how they were intending this to work. As soon as you pull a little on the shock cords they pull out of the cord stops and the quilt hits the ground. There’s only about a foot of cord on each side but who knows, maybe I’m missing something. Not only that, the logo is upside down on the underquilt making me think that I’ve done something wrong but it can only go one way or else the logo is on the inside... sheesh.

I sent them an email and am waiting for their reply and I think it’s only fair to give them a chance to respond and make it right. If nothing else hopefully they’ll do the right thing and accept my return as nothing was special ordered. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    they are a cheep product and you have to expect that when you order. i am getting ready to order one from a cottage vendor to replace my o.v. gear i currently have, my kids will end up with my ov quilts. they may be a decent starting point but not the best for quality

Their reply was a link to their YouTube video and they said all of my questions would be answered in that video. Of course none of my questions were answered in that video and I responded asking them to please read my email because clearly this was just a canned response... and the saga continues

Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator Hanger View Post
    Their reply was a link to their YouTube video and they said all of my questions would be answered in that video. Of course none of my questions were answered in that video and I responded asking them to please read my email because clearly this was just a canned response... and the saga continues
    Are you within the return window? If so, send them back and check out the other vendors here. For example, the HG Econ Incubator 20F (std length + 1oz overstuff) weighs the same as the OV UQ, and is almost $20 cheaper than the OV. Even the Econ Burrow 0F is cheaper than the OV TQ. You just missed the HG sale (ended yesterday), so I think the prices I found are current.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast