Hammock
    DW Chameleon, WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Thunder/Superfly
    Insulation
    HG 20/40
    Suspension
    DW Beetle Buckles
    Is it feathers (with a quill) or down (no quill) coming out of the jacket?

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    TQ, UQ, UQP
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckle
    Stick with tried and true cottage vendors who 99% of the time would never ever screw you over but rather bend over backwards to make you a happy customer. Sorry you got ripped off.
    "Always pass on what you have learned" - Yoda

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by County_mountie View Post
    Stick with tried and true cottage vendors who 99% of the time would never ever screw you over but rather bend over backwards to make you a happy customer. Sorry you got ripped off.
    99% is probably about right. We did have one vendor, who for a while made the best tarps anyone has ever seen around here. Or at least equal to the best. But then, for a period of quite a few years, there were many reports of grief with that vendor. People would place orders and then never get a response, or if they did, it took months of trying to contact them. Finally, thank goodness, that place officially went out of business. But I had one of their tarps back closer to the beginning, and it was truly excellent.

There was one other vendor whose hammocks were rated by some as the best to be had by several people here whose opinions are highly respected, in fact some of them were even in competition with this vendor. And they would praise his products, so that's really saying something. And I certainly never heard of them doing anyone wrong. But I'm still glad I never sent them over $400 for items that I wanted. I never sent the money because, though the website appeared to be operational, I could never get a response–over about a two year period- to phone messages or emails. That website also finally– just recently actually–disappeared. I think the man involved–known as a great guy to several folks(including vendors) around here–got sick and just wasn't able to keep up with it anymore. Though I never understood why there was no official announcement that they were out of business. But in the vast majority of cases, the products and customer service of vendors here is superb.

Hammock
    ENO DN but looking
    Tarp
    Undecided
    Insulation
    Undecided
    Suspension
    Atlas Straps
    Thanks for the worthwhile tip. I had considered them after seeing their ads but now I'll avoid them like the plague. I HATE dealing with shady companies like that, gives everyone a bad name..

Quote Originally Posted by cdnred View Post
    Thanks for the worthwhile tip. I had considered them after seeing their ads but now I'll avoid them like the plague. I HATE dealing with shady companies like that, gives everyone a bad name..
    You are welcome cdnred.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567