I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    They sent me one of their products. I ended up giving it away. The person who got it from me was thrilled to have it.
    It was fine. Not great. I knew I would never use it again.
    Here is what I wrote about it.
    Shug

I slept out in it last week as a test. Did not film, just getting to know it. Got down to 23ºF.
    They sent me the 20º Aerie. Set it up as a UQ and a pod to see how it hung.
    As a pod it is pretty fair...you can get on an angle in the hammock. I'm 6' and was ok. As in most pods there is a gap up by the head over left shoulder for me. But slip a TQ inside and you could for sure get down to some colder temps.

As a UQ you have to set it up just right. I stretched my suspension tightly and hooked it up by cinch buckles on hammock suspension to get it to stretch out and get it to come up right against my buttocks and back.
    Slept in a partial pod arrangement. Set up like pod but unzipped to knees.
    Seemed to work best. Kept the bottom up against me that way.
    I crawled in around 10PM and slept warm until about 4:30 AM. Started to get a bit cold on the buttocks then.
    As it functions in a bag, pod and UQ and blanket so the 18 ounces of down gets distributed on top, sides and bottom. Less on the bottom as a normal 20º UQ.

A person can use it an a bag, pod, UQ or top blanket.

Zippers are a bit sticky...you have to be vigilant in holding back the inner zip tape and top flap. I hate zippers!

Seems to be baffled and not sewn through.

If looking for JUST a UQ then I don't think this is it. But if needed a piece of gear that is Multi Function then for the price it is pretty good.
    Made in China.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    They sent me one of their products. I ended up giving it away. The person who got it from me was thrilled to have it.
    It was fine. Not great. I knew I would never use it again.
    Here is what I wrote about it.
    Shug

I slept out in it last week as a test. Did not film, just getting to know it. Got down to 23ºF.
    They sent me the 20º Aerie. Set it up as a UQ and a pod to see how it hung.
    As a pod it is pretty fair...you can get on an angle in the hammock. I'm 6' and was ok. As in most pods there is a gap up by the head over left shoulder for me. But slip a TQ inside and you could for sure get down to some colder temps.

As a UQ you have to set it up just right. I stretched my suspension tightly and hooked it up by cinch buckles on hammock suspension to get it to stretch out and get it to come up right against my buttocks and back.
    Slept in a partial pod arrangement. Set up like pod but unzipped to knees.
    Seemed to work best. Kept the bottom up against me that way.
    I crawled in around 10PM and slept warm until about 4:30 AM. Started to get a bit cold on the buttocks then.
    As it functions in a bag, pod and UQ and blanket so the 18 ounces of down gets distributed on top, sides and bottom. Less on the bottom as a normal 20º UQ.

A person can use it an a bag, pod, UQ or top blanket.

Zippers are a bit sticky...you have to be vigilant in holding back the inner zip tape and top flap. I hate zippers!

Seems to be baffled and not sewn through.

If looking for JUST a UQ then I don't think this is it. But if needed a piece of gear that is Multi Function then for the price it is pretty good.
    Made in China.
    Shug mate, you had to use an extra TQ beside an OV product?

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrrky View Post
    Shug mate, you had to use an extra TQ beside an OV product?
    No, I used it as is but a TQ inside fills any gaps if you want to go to lower temps.
    My pod system below.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    No, I used it as is but a TQ inside fills any gaps if you want to go to lower temps.
    My pod system below.

Did they know who they were sending it to? I would guess as popular as you are these days, if they knew it was going to you for review, you may have gotten a hand picked one that may have been a bit better in quality than the average one. Maybe not, I am just supposing.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Miquel Westano View Post
    Did they know who they were sending it to? I would guess as popular as you are these days, if they knew it was going to you for review, you may have gotten a hand picked one that may have been a bit better in quality than the average one. Maybe not, I am just supposing.
    This is not what they sent in this video. That is my Western Mountaineering Alpinlite bag.
    Shug

Hammock
    WB Blackbird or Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Homemade 12'
    Insulation
    EE / Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by alifeoutdoors View Post
    Bingo.

They came on strong with a huge hype/youTube campaign and that's what it was, hype.
    Yep. They paid a bunch of youtubers to pimp their aliexpress products.

Quote Originally Posted by SWODaddy View Post
    Yep. They paid a bunch of youtubers to pimp their aliexpress products.
    Something like that. As you see Shug have a little bit different opinion, and the dude probably have some more experience then I do, but he used it only once and gave it away. I bought it to last me as much as it can and its already comming apart.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrrky View Post
    Something like that. As you see Shug have a little bit different opinion, and the dude probably have some more experience then I do, but he used it only once and gave it away. I bought it to last me as much as it can and its already comming apart.
    I was offered the product and they said to me they would like my opinion. So I got to keep the product. I was not paid. Never did a video on it.
    It was marginal at best. Like buying a cheap sleeping bag at Walmart. It'll get you out there. But in time you will want to upgrade.
    Folks have to start somewhere. Like all the folks that get $12 hammock and complain they are not comfortable through the night.

Hammock
    WB BBXLC, DH, DIY, GT Hybrid
    Tarp
    Etowah Outfitters
    Insulation
    HG TQ and JRB UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    This is not what they sent in this video. That is my Western Mountaineering Alpinlite bag.
    Shug
    I quoted off the wrong post. I meant to quote the post earlier commenting on OV, not the video link. I am kind of old and simple and make a lot of mistakes like that. I just wondered if OV might have sent you a better than average pick hoping for a good review. I have always wondered if the samples sent to YouTube posters are a little better than the average items.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird or Trail Lair
    Tarp
    Homemade 12'
    Insulation
    EE / Loco Libre
    Suspension
    Cinch buckle
    I was offered the product and they said to me they would like my opinion. So I got to keep the product. I was not paid. Never did a video on it.
    It was marginal at best. Like buying a cheap sleeping bag at Walmart. It'll get you out there. But in time you will want to upgrade.
    Folks have to start somewhere. Like all the folks that get $12 hammock and complain they are not comfortable through the night.
    I like your videos and you weren't who I was thinking of when I made my comments (don't recall the video you mentioned), but whether you accept cash or product, it's still payment.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast