Hammock
    Amok dramur xl
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    Fjol xl pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Pretty cheap in my opinion. Not sure what vat is but with a military discount, free shipping and shopping clearance items, I felt that I got a steal. 2 synthetic sleeping bags and an under quilt/ sleeping bag for something like 70$ Or less. I can’t remember the exact total. If it had worked out for me then yes, by all means I would have purchased better quality from a cottage vendor. Just saying it’s a great option for someone that’s unsure if they need to drop 500+$ on gear they can’t use.

sZvQ5mg.png

Value-Aded Tax. Well that is not cheap, wait for discount on Aliexpress and you could buy similar product's for that price and I am not talking about synthetic sleeping bags, but down sleeping bag andand a hammock, that is totally different category and different price.
    Last edited by Mrrrky; 04-24-2019 at 16:20.

Hammock
    Amok dramur xl
    Tarp
    Wb superfly
    Insulation
    Fjol xl pad
    Suspension
    Webbing/buckles
    Guess it’s all in the eyes of the buyer. I wanted synthetic. I don’t want down

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Outdoor Vitals is basically counterfeit goods - 80% of which come from China. It seems to be quite popular now to get an Anglo-American spokesperson to front for these companies. However, if you spend any time watching Outdoor Vitals' YouTube videos, you'll realize they basically don't know anything about hammocks, and are probably just a front. I wonder how much a front-man for Chinese goods earns?
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    DIY 12ft HyperD 1.6SL
    Tarp
    The Stingray DIY
    Insulation
    Incubator/Gemini
    Suspension
    UCRWhoopieCinch
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    you'll realize they basically don't know anything about hammocks, and are probably just a front. I wonder how much a front-man for Chinese goods earns?
    I almost spit my drink out. Hilarious and true.

Looks like they are pretty honest about where the products come from. I was watching one of their other videos and had to laugh at using a 'biner in the end channel of a gathered end hammock.

https://youtu.be/56UDXCc1mQk
    Last edited by michigandave; 04-24-2019 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by michigandave View Post
    Looks like they are pretty honest about where the products come from. I was watching one of their other videos and had to laugh at using a 'biner in the end channel of a gathered end hammock.

https://youtu.be/56UDXCc1mQk
    WHAT?! I haven't seen that... and the dude is still talking about quality and improvement with all the positive music in a video so you will think, ''Hey, that's the thing I want'' but the reality is totally opposite, you DON'T want that!

Yeah. I bought their new 1 person tent for when I'm motorcycle camping and have nowhere to hang. I was more than a bit annoyed when it arrived without the footprint (but, they made it right). But, it also didn't include instructions. And, the tent is a complete pain in the posterior to set up.
    I am just going to try to plan my motorcycle trips so that I know I have a place to hang, or I will stay in a hotel.

I do like their stated mission of getting more people outdoors. But, I could have spent the same money on a tent that I would have probably been happier with.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrrrky View Post
    I've bought this two items, an Outdoor Vitals Ultralight Hammock and a Outdoor Vitals StormLOFT™ Down MummyPod™ Sleeping Bag 15F

...and I'm not at all impressed.

Lower price compared to the other USA manufacturers is now clear, OV products are of lower quality then the others. For example, hammock that I bought for cca 60$ plus shipping and VAT, can be bought directly from Chinese manufacturers, for 30$ with free shipping. I say that because when you buy OV products, you will see MADE IN CHINA label, so, believe me, that product have a lot cheaper value than what you pay for! Also the carabiners are exactly the ones that you can buy on Ali Express for about 6$ for two of them. The plastic used on a Woopie slings is already broken on both ends, and the bag that you keep your hammock in already came apart from it and I use this item for 4 months! I can just imagine what will happen in the future. This will be acceptable for a hammock for 30$, but not at all for this one. My older Chinese hammock that I bought first and is still in use for about 4 years now, don't have these problems with it, and it costed me 10$!

The MummyPod 15F sleeping bag is not coming apart yet but I've used it this winter it was about +1 degrees C, that's about 33 F and I was not at all warm in this bag. There was wind, so lets add a few degrees less, but If your product says that I will be comfy in 15F, that is -9C, I really expect to be a lot warmer then I was using it. Also in a lot warmer weather, you will always have cold spots on your legs, because the MummyPod system cannot be closed completely on the end.

Also bad reviews are not being published on their website, so no transparency there and taking their part of responsibility as a seller.

This is not a serious outdoor manufacturer at all by my experience. They are polite in a our e-mail conversion, but are really not helping at all, to summarize, avoid Outdoor Vitals guys, there are a lot better options out there!
    Thank you for your review I hope it will help other forum members when they start their research for a new hammock kit. There is one thing our forum really accels at and that is we know about all the best vendors from high quality bargains to cadillac models taking months to receive. As well as all the accessories.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 04-27-2019 at 17:07.

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    i have an over, under quilt from them, i ordered the 30 deg but they shipped me the 15 deg, i thought that was pretty cool till i found out that was when they were having issues with their synthetic bags. long story short they perform ok not nearly what i think it should be for what i paid for them. i am now looking for another vendor and use my ov for backups or just be mean and give them to my kids lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast