Tarp
    HG Journey
    Insulation
    Loco Libre

New hanger looking for NX suspension advice

I'm a new hanger with a Clark NX-270. I had my first hang last night now that I received my Loco Libre Jungle Pepper. Windy all night with a low of 35 degrees - toasty. My issue is getting the suspension set up for best comfort. My setup was under a pergola hung on the diagonal. The suspension that came with the Clark is an 8’ x 2” tree hugger strap with whoopi slings. It wasn’t possible to shorten this suspension enough to use the square side of the pergola. I experimented with the setup and ended up with the foot end 4-6” above the head end. I didn’t have a tarp, so the weather shield & bug net were zipped up because of the wind. I could grab the ridge of the bug net and twist it as I have seen on posts discussing ridge lines, so I don’t think it was too tight. I could zip the cover closed easily even though I would call the weather shield ‘taught’.

I’m 5’-11” and I was able to get on a bit of a diagonal, but I still felt that I had a slight ’banana’ lay, which wasn’t that comfortable. I am curious as to what advice other NX hangers have to dial in the suspension.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    A Clark is a special hammock. Due to its net supports, the “ridge line grab” isn’t applicable.
    Lots of other details vary on a Clark. So take any standard hammock info with a grain of salt.
    Some tricks may or may not work?
    These aren’t known for a flat lay.

Pictures of suspension set up would help.

Try wrapping the webbing several times to shorten?
    Or use a toggle as a marlin spike hitch.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

On the picture the hammock looks way to loose, and with too short distance between the two setup points. But the picture could cheat since I cannot see the full suspension. If you in a banana position in a NX-270 something is wrong with the setup.

When I setup my hammock, I dont have a loose weathershield as shown on this photo. I prefer the old suspension system with just ropes, It is quick, flexible and uncomplicated to use - even in darkness. The new one demands more space between the trees, and is more complicated, but is probably what the users want.

Hammock
    WB--Dutch-Clark-Amok
    Tarp
    WB-CC-UGQ-Amok
    Insulation
    Down and Synthetic
    Suspension
    CL/Becket~LA/ 7/64
    I swapped out the original rope suspension for a Buckle/Strap suspension. Simple to adjust, not a problem with trees being close, never slips.
    Livin’ Large ~ Horizontally

I find my ridgeline helps greatly for creating the right lie, and you definitely don't want a TAUT (not taught!) netting or weatherguard, unless you want to make some repairs.

• + New Posts