Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    HummingbirdPelican
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    SMR
    Honestly I'm a little bummed about the delay. I've backed a bunch of KS campaigns so I know the deal with late deliveries. Usually established companies that do KS campaigns deliver closer to predictions from my experience because they already have production lined up and aren't learning those processes and developing those production relationships on the fly. This one hurts me because I was planning on using the Ninox for my summer hiking trips. I bought a cheap Grand Trunk UL hammock to hold me over for what I thought was going to be a month or two but now I'll probably wind up buying another hammock that's better suited for my purposes to hold me over. I wasn't expecting to have to buy another stop gap so this will cost me some money.

I'm still excited about the Ninox. It seems to have the best of what I'm looking for. I love my SM under quilt and can't wait til I get the Ninox. Just wish it would arrive before the hiking season ended...

Hammock
    Banshee / Chameleon
    Tarp
    TrailHeadz Topo
    Insulation
    CRO / JRB /TH
    Suspension
    Autumn Ultralight
    Here is the email I received from Richard and team at SMr on the shipping info for the Ninox.

Hi Chris,

Finally! THE long-awaited Ninox Schedule Update.

It's been a crazy, frustration-filled journey, but we can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Here's a top-level look at the shipping schedule:

April 15th - Final adjustments were made to sewing line tooling and all product samples have been produced on the sewing line.

May 20th - All raw materials will be in the factory.

May 24th - TOP or FINAL samples are created for last check changes or adjustments.

June 1st - Cutting begins and Richard is in the factory.

July 1st - All manufacturing is complete, Goods ready for export pending vessel schedule.

August 2nd - 6th - Vessel arrives at port.

August 10th - Goods Cleared customs and in transit to PA Warehouse.

August 15th - Goods begin shipping to all Kickstarter Backers, Share Game Participants, and Preorders.
    ("Acts of God" are not accounted for in this schedule.)
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs. I am haunted by waters.”
    ― Norman Maclean

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Update from SMR on their suspension. I wonder if the hole in the middle of the buckle is for a spreader bar? I'd imagine so. When I originally placed my order, I got a double hammock. I didn't realize how much extra weight this would add until afterward (almost a pound). I think this hammock is going to be huge both in weight and dimensions. I asked SMR if I could change it to a single. They did and refunded the difference no questions asked. So I do have to give them a thumbs up for customer service.
    Ninox-buckle.jpg

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    HummingbirdPelican
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    SMR
    The new hardware does look really neat. I can't believe that no one has already done this. I think the Ninox will be a nice hammock once it finally arrives. With the delay, I went out and bought a Dream Hammock Darien to hold me over...

Hammock
    WBRR OR WB Eldorado
    Tarp
    Superfly or WB CB
    Insulation
    HG, JRB, LLG, CDQ
    Suspension
    Becket, WB Buckles

Ninox Hammock?

Quote Originally Posted by akivisuals View Post
    The new hardware does look really neat. I can't believe that no one has already done this. I think the Ninox will be a nice hammock once it finally arrives. With the delay, I went out and bought a Dream Hammock Darien to hold me over...
    It seems to be similar to the elephant trunks at:

https://smartoutdoors.webs.com/apps/...s/show/2417621

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    My Ninox is scheduled for delivery this Friday. Hopefully I'll have a review and pics soon.

Hammock
    Town's End / DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    Winter Haven 13
    Insulation
    HG, SLD, DIY
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I got my ninox and have slept in it already. I really love it. I'm going to try to do a thorough review for everyone.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    HummingbirdPelican
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 30
    Suspension
    SMR
    So, I'm going to offer my opinion and try to be constructive. I received my Ninox today and checked out all the stuff. The box seemed a bit heavy so I began to weigh the components. I'm by not a true "ultralight" backpacker but I do care about how much my gear weighs and try not to carry or purchase heavy equipment. The specs laid out in the campaign were very promising so I backed the project happily. This is what I found:

Campaign - 6.6 oz for suspension
    Delivered - 10.3 oz for suspension (without stuff sack, 10.6 oz with it)

Campaign - 21.8 oz for hammock ("includes climb rated carabiners") + 0.7 oz for organizer + 1.8 oz for smart storage = 24.3 oz (22.5 oz without)
    Delivered - 29.9 oz for hammock in smart storage w/organizer (28.5 oz without)

Campaign - all together 30.9 oz
    Delivered - 40.1 oz

29.8% heavier than what was originally promised in the campaign. I'm happy the hammock was delivered, albeit much later than expected, but honestly I'm a bit disappointed in what was actually delivered in terms of the weight of the products. I get that it's a Kickstarter campaign and I've backed stuff that never got delivered or didn't work and this is neither of those things.

I've posted on the Nubist FB page with my honest assessments about the delay only to get flamed by SMR fanboys. Not trying to stir up trouble but wanted to be honest in my disappointment with the weights of the products that were delivered.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Mine is scheduled for delivery this Monday (Aug 26).

Hammock
    DIY Hexon 1.0, Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    HG UQ's, EE TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Quote Originally Posted by akivisuals View Post
    So, I'm going to offer my opinion and try to be constructive. I received my Ninox today and checked out all the stuff. The box seemed a bit heavy so I began to weigh the components. I'm by not a true "ultralight" backpacker but I do care about how much my gear weighs and try not to carry or purchase heavy equipment. The specs laid out in the campaign were very promising so I backed the project happily. This is what I found:

Campaign - 6.6 oz for suspension
    Delivered - 10.3 oz for suspension (without stuff sack, 10.6 oz with it)

Campaign - 21.8 oz for hammock ("includes climb rated carabiners") + 0.7 oz for organizer + 1.8 oz for smart storage = 24.3 oz (22.5 oz without)
    Delivered - 29.9 oz for hammock in smart storage w/organizer (28.5 oz without)

Campaign - all together 30.9 oz
    Delivered - 40.1 oz

29.8% heavier than what was originally promised in the campaign. I'm happy the hammock was delivered, albeit much later than expected, but honestly I'm a bit disappointed in what was actually delivered in terms of the weight of the products. I get that it's a Kickstarter campaign and I've backed stuff that never got delivered or didn't work and this is neither of those things.

I've posted on the Nubist FB page with my honest assessments about the delay only to get flamed by SMR fanboys. Not trying to stir up trouble but wanted to be honest in my disappointment with the weights of the products that were delivered.
    Thank you for your post. Nothing wrong at all with that note. Ignore the fanboys and stick with facts!!!! A 1-2oz difference would be ok in my book...but that big of a difference? Wow.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast