Amok Draumr 3.0
    Tarp
    Amok
    Insulation
    Synmat 9 LW
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by madvr6 View Post
    shoot me a PM I may buy it form you if the delivery works out in time for my trip in July.

I thought I'd seen August something, as the earliest folks might see them now

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by madvr6 View Post

If anyone joined the KS and is having second thoughts, shoot me a PM I may buy it form you if the delivery works out in time for my trip in July.
    I might take you up on that offer if I get mine before July. It's doubtful I'll get it then. I'm kinda done with SMR. I'm not sure why I took a chance on a complete unknown when I could have just gotten a very good, affordable, Chameleon from Dutchware at the same price as the kickstarter.

Hammock
    Hammocktent 90*, Sparrow, WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    As previously stated, both by SMR and Tikker, the Ninox will not be shipped until August. I'd suggest go ahead and purchase a Chameleon. When the Ninox arrives you can assess which you prefer and sell, or keep, the other. My experience has been if I purchase a reputable hammock I am able to sell it for as much, or a little less, than I paid for it. That allows me to personally try out different hammock hype, evaluate for my preferences, and pass along the ones that don't sufficiently please me for others to try out. Other hammocks have not been of sufficient interest to try out. Based on what I've seen pass through the For Sale thread, I'm not the only one with this philosophy.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    I backed the Ninox on KS. Decided on the single layer in orange. Sucks what happened to Richard and production, but what can you do? Have high hopes for it. Could this be the hammock that moves me from a bridge to a gathered end? I backed the Chameleon when Dutch introduced it and that was a case study in how to run a Kickstarter campaign. Although I think Dutch May have sewn all the Chameleons locally and not outsourced production overseas.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sandblade View Post
    I might take you up on that offer if I get mine before July. It's doubtful I'll get it then. I'm kinda done with SMR. I'm not sure why I took a chance on a complete unknown when I could have just gotten a very good, affordable, Chameleon from Dutchware at the same price as the kickstarter.
    I backed it and then pulled out for this exact reason. Looking forward to buying my first Chameleon thus summer.

You can check out the skyin hammock, which has a foot bag so you can lie flat on your lower body
    61rwOyAICJL (1).jpg

Hammock
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I suppose if you "took a chance on a complete unknown" you actually have no one to blame but yourself, or whine about, because there was sufficient information to be found from Ninox prototype testers to make an educated assessment whether to give it a try or not. I also took my time in making the KS decision and joined at the last opportunity because I wanted to give the purchase considerable thought before hopping aboard.

What I am looking forward to is reading the comments after you folks have purchased a Chameleon, but consider it relevant to gripe about before it actually arrives...(NOT).

For myself, having done the beta work before committing to a purchase, I will give SMR the benefit of the doubt that stuff simply happens that at times is beyond our control. To their credit, they have been very forth coming on the circumstances and have kept the KS signatories informed. When it does arrive I will then have the opportunity to assess the Ninox, modify the Ninox, or pass it along for someone else to enjoy.

But I reckon it takes all kinds of folks to make the world go around.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Dutchware Wide
    Insulation
    HG Econ Burrow
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Ouch OlTrailDog. Not blaming anyone for my decisions, and I'm perfectly happy living with them. No problems with the production delay either. It's a KS not an in stock product, I get that. Just sharing what my thoughts are so far, and so far I'm having doubts about this particular product. My thoughts might completely change after I get the product in hand, might not. I guess I've learned something about myself, and that is I probably shouldn't back another hammock KS from a company I haven't dealt with before. Lesson learned, I'm appropriately chastised.

Hammock
    WBBB, WBRR, WL LiteOwl
    Tarp
    OES, WL BullFro
    Insulation
    HG UQ, TQ, WB UQ
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    sandblade, everyone starts somewhere. I bought the last DIY Hammeck made before they went "commercial" and four of their cottage industry hammocks afterwards. So, for me, I wouldn't go so far as to say I'd never back another KS company. BUT - I've learned never to trust their delivery date. It does seem strange that time after time after time, these dates are always underestimated. It's as if no one learns anything. I suppose their marketing department tells them they have to give some date - and they can apologize later.

I hope, when it eventually arrives, the design will give a smile and you can say, "I helped this happen." It is a gamble, but so is driving on the road (or anywhere else).
    In order to see what few have seen, you must go where few have gone. And DO what few have done.

Hammock
    Tarp
    light & waterproof
    Insulation
    Ongoing experiment
    Suspension
    Ongoing experiment
    I did get burned on one KS, a GPS tracking device for my dog. Never materialized and no further communications. Also had an excellent experience backing the Gosnell movie undertaking. I believed SMR had a track record with their other hammock offerings, did so poking around, and thought it was worth a try. I am still not unhappy with my decision. I let them know I am far more interested in Quality Control than in meeting a dead line when they were up front about the difficulties they were having. Therefore, (instead of "So" ;-) ) I will patiently continue to wait until August.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast