Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chameleon Wide Underquilt Adjustments

Hello, I have a Chameleon wide hammock with a side sling and am having a hard time adjusting my HG Incubator Long if I use either the regular pullout or the sidesling pullouts on the Hammock. I can get it to work without by grabbing both sides underneath me and making it diagonal but with the pullouts it seems to want to go back to center. Anyone have an idea what I need to do to keep it on the diagonal? My secondary suspension is adjusted to make the diagonal on both ends and I've even tried to put the quilt hooks into play hooking one at the head end near my shoulder and one at the foot end caddy corner.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'd try it without the pullouts. They tend to make the UQ slide back to center.
    With my Sidesling I just let it hang.
    Sometimes you just have to compromise.
    Carry forth.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Thank you! I was thinking that was the problem.

So, just bought my 1st chameleon 1.6 standard-size hammock and HG Incubator 20 regular size.
    I am 6'1 190#
    Went for it's maiden hang last weekend.. Wished I had gone with the wide, as the regular just feels small width-wise compared to my prior double hammock.

3 main questions:
    1. @shug Will I notice a considerable difference in the lay, especially in the shoulders with a wide Chameleon?
    2. Seems i'd definitely want to get a LONG incubator for sufficient coverage, huh..
    3. How's it hangin', now that you've had a chance to sleep in it? Did you get the UQ dialed-in @motermat?

Hammock
    WBBB XLC / Wide Chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Econ Incubator
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtamous View Post
    So, just bought my 1st chameleon 1.6 standard-size hammock and HG Incubator 20 regular size.
    I am 6'1 190#
    Went for it's maiden hang last weekend.. Wished I had gone with the wide, as the regular just feels small width-wise compared to my prior double hammock.

3 main questions:
    1. @shug Will I notice a considerable difference in the lay, especially in the shoulders with a wide Chameleon?
    2. Seems i'd definitely want to get a LONG incubator for sufficient coverage, huh..
    3. How's it hangin', now that you've had a chance to sleep in it? Did you get the UQ dialed-in @motermat?
    If its of any help,I'll add my two cents.
    I own 3 XLCs and just bought a Wide Chameleon this year.
    I am very broad and notice a tiny bit of shoulder squeeze in the XLC if i dont get the lay perfect. The Wide Chameleon eleviates all shoulder squeeze for me. I slept in my XLC last weekend and thought of it like this; the XLC is like a firm mattress and rhe Chameleon is like a memory foam mattress.
    The Chameleon fabric has just enough stretch to add some extra comfort but with great back support.

Hammock
    DWG Chameleon
    Tarp
    DWG 12' Hex
    Insulation
    EE TQ, CRO UQ
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Becket H
    @Moetermat

With my wide Chameleon I let leave the pullout cords at home, which makes it easier for me to reach out and pull the UQ up over my shoulder if needed. I also go with a long and wide underquilt, which can help us taller folks stay covered without having to adjust too much throughout the night.

• + New Posts