Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Is your Explorer a classic bottom entry model, or a zip model?
    It's the zipped model.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethroned View Post
    It's the zipped model.
    Cool. That means you already have many or most of the benefits offered for a zip mod for the classic models!

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Cool. That means you already have many or most of the benefits offered for a zip mod for the classic models!
    Well that's good to hear. So I won't miss much by not having a modded HH then.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethroned View Post
    Well that's good to hear. So I won't miss much by not having a modded HH then.
    Not much, as far as I know. With a mod, you might be able to get the net more fully out of the way if/when you don't want it. And/or, depending on which mod you get, you could probably get zips on both sides if desired, probably at a little extra weight. But the big main most reason for the mods in the first place was to enable users to reach outside the hammock once they are inside, to adjust an UQ or reach something stored outside the hammock or maybe boil up some coffee on an alcohol stove while still in the hammock. And, many folks find it easier to get in and out of the hammock from a side entry rather than bottom. Although, I got mighty slick at entry and exit with the bottom entry, and some folks with disabilities prefer the bottom entry for safety. And I can testify it is almost impossible to fall out of it, or flip over and out of it when trying to get in. Not easy with any that I have used, but it can be done. Take my word for it.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    So it arrived! I already did some mods to it to my likings.

IMG_20190506_114829.jpg

The dog bone in action

IMG_20190506_111001.jpg

I got the stitched version. I made the dog bone go twice the loop.

IMG_20190506_115018.jpg

I added a bit of dyneema with a small toggle to zipper, so it won't be that far away to reach.

In addition to two mesh pockets (XL and L), free snakeskins, water collections and treehuggers I was suprised to have a rainfly as well, I didn't even order that one. Now I just can't wait to go hanging with this!

Hammock
    Warbonnet ridgerunner/ chameleon
    Tarp
    WB Thunderfly
    Insulation
    Synthetic UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch beetles
    I did the mod#4 from 2Qzq which puts the whole bugnet in the foot end bag. Zips both sides. It’s like a brand new hammock. Also something to think about that nobody on this page really talks about very much, an adjustable Ridgeline. Are used a night eyes camlock to build an adjustable Ridgeline so I could find my perfect length over a certain amount of time. You would be amazed at the different feels of a hammockat different Ridgeline lengths. That’s a nice hammock enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    IMG_20190506_141008.jpg

...and it was amazing. A completely flat lay, no pressure from anywhere.

IMG_20190506_142441.jpg

Here it is with my DD underblanket. It is a bit off the center, needs a bit reworking. But it still worked better than I expected! Then again I could use the end which is higher as the head end...

Hammock
    Multiple
    So the dogbone just wraps around the end and attaches to a whoopie sling? I think i have almost the same hammock coming in (The 4 Season model).

Where did you buy the dyneema btw? I cannot seem to find anything, but armsteel that is hollow.

Did you weight the robes without tree sraps of the original suspension? I’m pretty sure almost all the weight difference between the UL model are in those robes.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chameleon
    Tarp
    DD Superlight
    Insulation
    HG Burrow/Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by jaape View Post
    So the dogbone just wraps around the end and attaches to a whoopie sling? I think i have almost the same hammock coming in (The 4 Season model).
    Yeah, just like that. EDIT: I used >>this<< as a guide before I did any changes.

Where did you buy the dyneema btw? I cannot seem to find anything, but armsteel that is hollow.
    extremtextil.de - costs 0,70€/meter, a lot less than amsteel dyneema, which is around 1,50€/meter. Breaking strength is almost the same. Maybe 50kg less than the actual amsteel dyneema. EDIT: Oops! This line has a breaking strength of 580kg, while the amsteel dyneema has 730kg. But no worries, it hasn't let me down yet and my weight is around 105kg. They have a more durable cord too, but that might be an overkill.

Did you weight the robes without tree sraps of the original suspension? I’m pretty sure almost all the weight difference between the UL model are in those robes.
    I did weight them! They were 157 grams and a lot shorter than I expected. Didn't their site mention that they'd be around 300g?
    Last edited by Dethroned; 05-06-2019 at 09:23.

Hammock
    Multiple
    extremtextil doesn’t seem to list any sk quality ratings for their ropes. I think I’ll stick with amsteel. Or order from marnela and try their products. They are listed as sk78. More expensive than amsteel though.

Hennessy doesn’t list the weight of the ropes, only the tree straps. I would have thought they weighed more than 157 grams. I have seen posts stating that they saved 200 grams by changing to whoopies. Which would indicate the weight of the ropes being more than 250 grams.
    Last edited by jaape; 05-06-2019 at 13:01. Reason: Not sure if dd amsteel is sk 75

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast