Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraLance View Post
    Not really, since it's asym only and the HG is symmetrical. I'd say the Raven is the more direct competitor for price and symmetrical. Although the net design is very different, somebody shopping at that price point is probably choosing between HG or Raven.
    You can buy a HammockGear netted hammock any color you want, as long as you want black or grey (Henry Ford reference....). If you plan to get black or grey 1.6 even if from DreamHammock, then maybe this doesn't matter to you. HammockGear is out-of-stock on both colors, so a wait either direction removes the main argument against DreamHammock, the wait.
    good point. that would be a better comparison.

Hammock
    HG Netted
    Tarp
    Chill Gorilla
    Insulation
    HG Inc. Econ 20
    Suspension
    Tree Strap, Becket
    I own the Hammock Gear Netted Hammock. I've spent some time in it, but not yet overnight.

In my shopping, I thought it was most comparable to the half-zipped. I think the HG is a great hammock. It's probably not as customizable as the Dream Hammocks. It clearly works well with HammockGear insulation. It's symmetrical, which I wanted.

I think you'll enjoy any of these options.

Hammock
    DH Raven/Darien
    Tarp
    WB Mountainfly
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/SLD
    Suspension
    Myerstech/Becket
    I think the best comparison would be the HG netted hammock and the Simply Light Designs Trail Lair. Both are symmetrical, and feature nets that are not fully removable- yet stowable. With SLD, you benefit from mind-blowing turnaround times for fully custom gear. However, if you're wanting a fully-removable net, Dream Hammock is still probably the best bet.

Hammock
    Darian
    Tarp
    Currently hunting
    Insulation
    Enigma/HG
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Not to throw a monkey wrench in here, but if you are looking symmetrical with removable Bugnet there is also the Dutch chameleon in a number of fabrics and set ups, quick turn around and great quality. I received one about a week ago and spent 4 nights in it over the weekend. (I’m 6ft5 so I got a wide). Full disclosure, I am also 3 weeks into the 8 week wait for a DH Darian

Hammock
    dream hammock
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    underquilt
    Suspension
    straps
    ok i may be a bit one sided here, i have not had the pleasure of dealing with a HG hammock but i have a DH sparrow and the bug netting has worked well for me. i liked it for the removable netting i can remove it during spring and fall when the bugs are still sleeping. hope htis helps a little bit

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow
    Tarp
    Dutch Xenon Hex
    Insulation
    Loco Libre/HG/ EE
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Also: you can't even order an HG netted hammock right now, they're out of stock......so that's another point for the Sparrow. haha.

Hammock
    Dutch Half Zip
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    HG 40degree quilts
    Suspension
    whoppie slings
    I weighed the same decision and went with dutches hammock. Works great with underquilt and is affordable. I am 6’4 and fit nicely in the 11foot hammock. I could care less ability a detachable net and the chaneleon while great is expensive compared to more budget setups.
    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
    John Muir

“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”
    John Muir

Hammock
    11' SLD Lair
    Tarp
    SLD and HG WP
    Insulation
    HG UQ
    Images
    Buy once cry once. Dream hammock. I bought 4 different cottage hammocks all were good hammocks
    Eventually ended with the the more expensive sparrow that I wanted to begin with. May not have
    mattered, I may have bought the others to try out anyway
    though!! lol

Banned
    I love this hammock, the best price you can get and the straps are included. I did buy a lighter weight pair of carabiners for backpacking. I highly recommend this product.91Ps+2GcuIL._SY88.jpg

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    13' Winter Haven
    Insulation
    quilts
    Suspension
    Tensa4
    I love my DH Sparrow, more comfortable than the WB Blackbird XLC I was using previously. The hammock has a fairly deep sag and that means that the ridgeline is quite high up from the hammock, which means the bug net is held up well away from my face - I very much like that design.

I've spent quite a number of weeks camping with my DH Sparrow and the rest of the time I've been sleeping it it at home, in other words I've been sleeping in it every night for ~19 months and it is holding up great. I can't recommend the DH Sparrow highly enough, great hammock IMO.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12