Dutch Wide Netless
    Tarp
    DF Palace Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear Econ
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlrocm View Post
    I'm 5 foot 7 and I like a 62 inch wide hammock. 58 inchs wide is just a little restricting. I'd think that a wide hammock from dutch would be too wide for my enjoyment - lots of excess fabric flopping around. Have you tried a standard width 58 inch wide hammock? What are your thoughts on that? As always, hammocking is very personal, so you should try to get first hand experience when you can.
    Thank you. So Ive been using a GT double for a very long time and am used to its width, although Ive always known it wasnt a great hammock. I saved up for a Dutch netless 58'" and it felt very restrictive in comparison to the 78" of the GT double. Im sure alot of that is just growing pains but that is why im asking about upgrading to the Dutch wide.

I can imagine a hammock too long to hang without a stepladder or with a ridgeline you couldn't reach from in the hammock, or so wide that you would have difficulty getting in/out, have walls of fabric in your face, and not be able to see out. These things might not bother you while your sleeping (comfort), but they will certainly bother you at other times.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Sparrow : SLD
    Tarp
    HG : SLD
    Insulation
    HG : SLD : WB
    Quote Originally Posted by questionmike View Post
    Thank you. So Ive been using a GT double for a very long time and am used to its width, although Ive always known it wasnt a great hammock. I saved up for a Dutch netless 58'" and it felt very restrictive in comparison to the 78" of the GT double. Im sure alot of that is just growing pains but that is why im asking about upgrading to the Dutch wide.

I was the same way I started with a GT skeeter beeter pro and then had to quickly buy a hammock during a car camping trip (ripped the bug net in the summer) so I bought a ENO doublenest. when I went to an dutch netless hammock (58" wide) I missed the extra width so when I bought my first dream hammock I went with the hyperD XL wide as possible and love it an I'm 5' tall. I like to lay at an extra extreme angle and I just couldn't get the angle I like in a 58" or 60" hammock
    There's magic in the woods,
    if you know where to look for it.
    -Pete's Dragon

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12