11 ft DIY 1.6 HyperD Diamd Ripstop
    Tarp
    UGQ WD 13 End Mods
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Ultimate Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    David14 - tell us about the chili hang - when, where in Michigan...
    Vicki: I'm thinking of heading over. Just talked to Tumbleweed and he might too. Usually a bunch of us will carpool together. It's one the larger hangs. The first year I went there were 60 people. It's a free hang and they run a raffle to pay for the sites and wood. Usually the middle of October (2nd or 3rd weekend). In the past, breakfasts and dinners were organized group potlucks and lunches on your own.
    ◘ May 17-19: BACONFEST @ Interstate WI SP ◘ Oct 3-6: miCHILIgan @ Middleville, MI ◘ YouTube: karlawithak216 ◘ Instagram: i.am.karla.with.a.k ◘ 99 months

Thanks Karla! Sounds fun and a great time of year to be out. Not too sure about the crowd tho

thanks David14. Hope your wife is feeling better and able to come this weekend!

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    gallo and i are coming up for this one . we are thi8nking of smoking a pork shoulder for saturday n ight dinner, we shoiuld be there friday after work .

So hello everyone. My first time posting here but I've been reading the forums for a little while now. I convinced my buddy that ya'll are nice people and he and I will be coming to hang out and meet you this weekend. My friend Joe isn't as much of a hammock enthusiast as I am but I am working on converting him. Being this is our first time and all, not sure what the protocol is as far as food and arrival and what-not. I'll be adding our names to the spreadsheet after I post this. Saw we could arrive early so we should be getting there hopefully before dark tonite. (Thursday at the time of this post). Look forward to seeing everyone and making new friends. Doug-

Hammock
    DH Sparrow
    Tarp
    HG Dyneema
    Insulation
    LL-40/HG 0
    Suspension
    Becket hitch!
    Quote Originally Posted by dugDBug View Post
    So hello everyone. My first time posting here but I've been reading the forums for a little while now. I convinced my buddy that ya'll are nice people and he and I will be coming to hang out and meet you this weekend. My friend Joe isn't as much of a hammock enthusiast as I am but I am working on converting him. Being this is our first time and all, not sure what the protocol is as far as food and arrival and what-not. I'll be adding our names to the spreadsheet after I post this. Saw we could arrive early so we should be getting there hopefully before dark tonite. (Thursday at the time of this post). Look forward to seeing everyone and making new friends. Doug-
    There is not much of protocol, if you want to bring something to pass you are more then welcome if not that's okay to, if you are in need of some equipment to borrow just let us know on here and we may be able to come up with it
    To only step where others have stepped means not to have your own adventures. Live, Love, and Adventure so you may leave your own foot prints!

I'm now arriving Saturday am. Family obligation on Friday.
    Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by dugDBug View Post
    Hi Doug - I'm pretty new to this group and to hammock camping and everyone has been great! Friendly, helpful and lots of fun. And I tented the first time at DaShack! See you this weekend. Vicki

Hammock
    hennessy expedition
    Tarp
    hammock gear c.f.
    Insulation
    hammock gear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    had a great time as always, was great seeing everyone and as always, a heart felt thanks to mr. and mrs. tumble for opening up a small part of their world for us to come out and enjoy . Thank you very much.

Mark

Hammock
    Raven, SLD Streamliner
    Tarp
    Hanger11WB,WntrHvn
    Insulation
    HG,UGQ,JrB
    Suspension
    UCR's
    Images
    Well said mark! After the big THANK YOU to the tumbleweeds, all I can add is a thank you to the IL contingent for the incredible backwoods smoked pork shoulder!!!

Hopefully we, mostly me, didn't scare the newbies away......

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast