JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles

Tarp with doors and internal pole mod

I am looking for a tarp to put over my JRB Bear Mountain Bridge. My concern is the spreader bars. The distance between the spreader bars is about 89 inches. That means the corner tie outs, not including the doors, would optimally be about that distance. I want to keep the tarp ridge line at 11 feet. My question then for those of you with the various winter tarps with doors: What is the length between your corner tie outs?

Images
    I have a Winterdream 12, with corner tie outs 84" apart, but on the WD11, they are only 72" apart.

Images
    Warbonnet has the Cloudburst tarp, which is sort of optimized for use with their Ridgerunner. It utilizes external poles, with the location of the panel pulls designed around the spreader bars of the RR. It's a rectangular tarp, though. To add doors, one must purchase their door kit separately. But anyway, here's what their site has to say about panel pull locations when specifying a custom Cloudburst:

If you are ordering a 13′ tarp, by default the panel pulls will be spaced at 77″ apart to be most compatible with the poles of Bridge-style hammocks like our Ridgerunner and they will be spaced slightly less than that on the 11′ and 12′ versions.

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    I have a Winterdream 12, with corner tie outs 84" apart, but on the WD11, they are only 72" apart.
    Thanks cmc4free, that is helpful. I tested out a pole mod with my existing 10x10 Etowah tarp, and while it works, it is less than optimal. The distance between the "corner tie outs" is only 60 inches. I had to pull the pole toward the outside along the ridgeline to get the spread I needed.

Pole mod.jpg

As the picture shows, there is a little play just by angling the pole but 6o" to 89" is not really workable. The 84" for the WD12 would be great, but I'm not sure I want to go to 12 feet just yet. That would be more of a last resort.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundskeeper View Post
    Thanks cmc4free, that is helpful. I tested out a pole mod with my existing 10x10 Etowah tarp, and while it works, it is less than optimal. The distance between the "corner tie outs" is only 60 inches. I had to pull the pole toward the outside along the ridgeline to get the spread I needed.

Pole mod.jpg

As the picture shows, there is a little play just by angling the pole but 6o" to 89" is not really workable. The 84" for the WD12 would be great, but I'm not sure I want to go to 12 feet just yet. That would be more of a last resort.
    Maybe you could contact Paul or Missy @ UGQ and ask them about making a custom 11' tarp with the corner spacing closer to what the 12' tarp has. The sacrifice would be smaller door flaps.

Along the same lines, you could contact Jared at Simply Light Designs and mention to him what you're looking for. Jared is the man when it comes to customizing.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/pages/contact-us

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB Universal Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB TQ, UQ
    Suspension
    Web-cinch buckles
    @cmc4free. I went back out and was playing around some more. Today we are having 15 to 20 mph winds, which makes things interesting, but it also revealed something; even with only 60 inches between the "corner tie outs" the wind was able to partially collapse the side panel. I'm thinking the full 84" spacing would be even worse. I think something around the 72" spacing will be fine. Either that or go with a third pole, but that would be over the top and make everyone else jealous.

Internal pole mod (10).jpg

One thing I already like about the poles is porch mode. The porch side sticks up all pretty and there are no guy lines to trip over. I kept bobbing and weaving, looking for the missing guy lines. Thank God I live alone or folks would think I was having some kind of episode.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    HG DCF-All of them
    Insulation
    HammockGear
    Suspension
    Kevlar + Beckett
    Images
    I had a pole mod on both of my RBTR tarp kits.. both 12's. I tried a few different bridge hammocks under them and there was plenty of room for the spreader bars. Never hit either side of the tarp. Those things were caverns...
    Yes, my pack weighs 70lbs, but it's all light weight gear....
    Bob's brother-in-law

Quote Originally Posted by cmc4free View Post
    Maybe you could contact Paul or Missy @ UGQ and ask them about making a custom 11' tarp with the corner spacing closer to what the 12' tarp has. The sacrifice would be smaller door flaps.

Along the same lines, you could contact Jared at Simply Light Designs and mention to him what you're looking for. Jared is the man when it comes to customizing.

https://simplylightdesigns.com/pages/contact-us
    I have been very happy with the custom gear I have gotten from UGQ and from Simply Light Design. These cottage vendors are absolutely amazing.

• + New Posts