Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles

Looking for a Fleaz as guy outs demonstration

I have been unsuccessful in finding a video of using the Fleaz with shock cord and zing-it as guy lines. There is something I feel I'm missing and seeing someone do one would help. Anyone know if a good video or diagram?

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kZEeWGJk1f8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks stowe18. I did see this video already but after watching it again I understand where I might have gotten confused. The one I ordered came attached to the zing-it, not the shock cord like the video.

Hammock
    Dutch and Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG WP 12ft / UGQ W
    Insulation
    HG, UGQ and WB
    Suspension
    Dutch Stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurgar View Post
    Thanks stowe18. I did see this video already but after watching it again I understand where I might have gotten confused. The one I ordered came attached to the zing-it, not the shock cord like the video.
    No problem.. Could just buy some shock cord and tie loops through your fleaz too..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Still part of me wonders why Dutch sells them this way if it's meant to be done in the opposite way.
    IMG_20190412_133332.jpg

Images
    Lots of ways to do it. And he sells them lots of ways (length of cordage spliced on, loop of cordage spliced on, loop of shock cord tied on....)

In your photo, take the circular loop of shock cord and lark's head it to one of the tie out points of your tarp. Then take the end of your reflective yellow cord that has an eye loop spliced in it, and lark's head that to the shock cord loop (which was lark's headed to the tarp in the previous step). Now take the other end of the reflective yellow cord that has a knot tied in it, and start pulling the line by the knot so that some of the line comes through the Flea and the knot isn't right up against the Flea anymore. Loop that part of the line around your stake, then back through the hook part of the Flea, and then pull back toward the stake to tension the guyline. Pull taut, then lock in place under the Flea's wing. Fleas don't have wings! WTF!

Again, that's just one way to do it. There are a bunch. You might want to reverse all that by attaching the shock cord to the stake and having the Flea near the tarp tie out point, so that you could adjust the tension while under the tarp.

Or don't use shock cord at all, and the whole concept becomes a lot simpler. Your profile shows your tarp is a Superfly, so if it's the silpoly version, the shock cord isn't as big a deal. If silnylon, that material can stretch more, especially when it gets wet, which is where the self-tensioning nature of the shock cord comes in handy.
    Last edited by cmc4free; 04-12-2019 at 14:25.

Images
    You might like it better if you untie the knot in the reflective yellow guyline and take the Flea off the guyline. Then put a piece of shock cord through the hole in the Flea and tie it into a loop. Now you can lark's head the Flea/shock cord loop to the tarp. The end of the guyline with an eye loop spliced in it can be attached to the stake, and then the free end of the guyline will come up to the Flea, through the hook, be pulled back toward the stake to tension, and then locked under the Flea's wing. But fleas still don't have wings.

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks cmc4free! That makes perfect sense. I just needed to attach the two loops together like you first described and it all comes together. My tarp is the silpoly version so thanks for mentioning that as well. Thank you both. This is exactly what I came to hammock forums for.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurgar View Post
    Thanks cmc4free! That makes perfect sense. I just needed to attach the two loops together like you first described and it all comes together. My tarp is the silpoly version so thanks for mentioning that as well. Thank you both. This is exactly what I came to hammock forums for.

Just ordered a set for my tarp.
    The way I see it, I prefer to attach shock cord to the tarp, and keep guyline separated with the stakes.
    This way, I don’t have long guyline hanging loose from the tarp, and I can store the tarp in stuff sack without the fleaz

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast