Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D

Has anyone gotten wet?

I woke one morning after a good average rain—
    Both ends of my hammock were wet about a hands width.
    From then onwards, I’ve used shoestring driplines on hammock and tarp suspensions. Problem solved4now.
    I stayed dry.
    And have encountered a separate issue of fog setting up on all my quilts and hammock. Everything was damp—
    I was dry inside hammock and quilts.
    Had to hang everything up to dry in my room.

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Wing View Post
    No. And I didnt say torrential. I said sideways rain. Provided a screen shot of the radar. If you're going out in a hurricane, dont use an asym. If you might get hit with some thunderstorms, roll the dice. If you THINK I'm wrong, even after video and weather documentation, post your own video.
    Right on...looked sideways to me too...thanks for posting the video, you guys cracking up really did make me laugh out loud.

Hammock
    Dutch Netless
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear CF
    Insulation
    EE 20/30 Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I weathered a nasty all night thunderstorm on Springer Mountain 2 years ago where the storm blew up from the valley and the air was a solid rain mist. I had a 11' HG tarp with doors that i pulled down right on top of my ridgeline plus I had a Dutch Summer Sock UQ protector. I could hardly sleep because the thunder kept waking me up all night. The UQ protector was soaked (on the outside) the next morning but kept my UQ mostly dry - the top quilt was pretty damp from the mist but kept it's loft and I was still warm. My hammock got wet on the ends where water ran off the tarp and around the drip lines and the mist too. Not a nice night but I was really glad I had my UQ protector on that hike. I won't do a long hike without one after that.

Hammock
    WB Blackbird 1.7 Double Layer
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Top/Bottom
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Buckle
    Images
    First night ever hammock camping I borrowed a friends eno dryfly. It absolutely stormed! Woke up in a puddle of water in the hammock. Next day ordered a superfly and have never gotten wet again.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234