UHMWPE / Dyneema Webbing slippage

Those of you who upgraded to ultralight UHMWPE / Dyneema Webbing for three huggers and/or suspension, i have a question for you. Due to the nature of the fabric being more slippery, do you have any issues with it moving on the tree? Should i be concerned with more download slippage before / and while putting the first load on them? Also, because of possible slppage, have you noticed any more harm to the tree? Any other funcional differences you notice compared to normal poly webbing (besides being much ligher of course!)

I am a little bit of a tree hugger (pun intended!) and thinking of maybe even trying out the 1.75" UHMWPE / Dyneema Webbing. Do you guys think that would really make a difference? I know a lot of it is knowldge of how to properly set up your hammock and 1" should be fine. I still have some issues sometimes with bark removal when first putting load on the hammock. Maybe I need to do some research, but I'm genearlly very careful and tighten everything well before putting a load on.

Side note: While I've been lurking on here for a while, this is my first post! Hello fellow tree dwellers!

Hammock
    AHE 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    AHE Shangi La
    Insulation
    KAQ Prototype
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    If your straps move when you first load the hammock you may want to begin wrapping the straps around an additional time before loading. This will help with increased friction and also distributes the load over a larger area.
    Arrowhead Equipment -- For all your hammock camping and backpacking gear
    Arrowhead-Equipment.com Visit AHE on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Check out pictures on Instagram

Sadly that will not work with my current straps. I always loop around if I have enough (but frequently do not). Picking up a 1.75" Tree Hugger I think would help though (along the same lines of thought) or longer 1" Huggers.

Hammock
    Dutchware DL Hexon 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Minifly
    Insulation
    LL SS Serrano 20
    Suspension
    Becket Hitch
    Hey there, I have two sets of lightweight UHMWPE straps and I have had both slip down the tree when first getting into the hammock. I dunno if i'm just doing it wrong but my straps slip even when I wrap the straps around twice and feed them through as described in this post:
    https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...own-tree/page2

The straps don't move again once they are first loaded but i can't imagine the abrasion is good for the straps or the tree.

Anyone out there have a different technique for ensuring that that straps don't slip when first setting up?

• + New Posts