Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gringo View Post
    About a year ago I had the same problem with the same quilt - a HG 20deg - I think it's even the same colors as yours (mine's coyote outside, orange inside). I also took a picture in the window, and then sent mine back to them. They said they put more down in, fluffed it and returned it to me and when I got it back I held it up in front of the window and it looked better, just as yours does. But I use it a lot, and now it's looking the same way again. So I know there's down in there - somewhere - and the lower leg area is very puffy. I've occasionally fluffed it in the dryer but it doesn't really solve the issue. Did the folks at HG elaborate on how to move the down up and down (between?) the baffles? This might be a neat trick to know for longer trips (like a multi-month bicycle tour) to modify the quilt for varying seasons/climates/elevations...

I could call them myself of course, just wondered if you might share those tips here for everyone's benefit.
    I’m not sure.
    I picture in my head that the baffles running across the width of the bag don’t go all the way across, leaving a gap or channel along the sides.
    You’d have to move the down contained in a baffle to this “side channel” then up or down the length of the quilt.

Kinda makes me want to take more pics of the bag in the sunlight so I know what ‘normal’ looks like and can later determine if I need to adjust it again later.

Quote Originally Posted by gringo View Post
    About a year ago I had the same problem with the same quilt - a HG 20deg - I think it's even the same colors as yours (mine's coyote outside, orange inside). I also took a picture in the window, and then sent mine back to them. They said they put more down in, fluffed it and returned it to me and when I got it back I held it up in front of the window and it looked better, just as yours does. But I use it a lot, and now it's looking the same way again. So I know there's down in there - somewhere - and the lower leg area is very puffy. I've occasionally fluffed it in the dryer but it doesn't really solve the issue. Did the folks at HG elaborate on how to move the down up and down (between?) the baffles? This might be a neat trick to know for longer trips (like a multi-month bicycle tour) to modify the quilt for varying seasons/climates/elevations...

I could call them myself of course, just wondered if you might share those tips here for everyone's benefit.
    There are some quilts on the market that do not have the ends of the baffle material sewn to the shell material. This will allow you to move the down between baffles. This may or may not apply to your quilt. Enjoy.

Hammock
    TTTG Switchback 1.9
    Tarp
    warbonnet superfly
    Insulation
    quilts - HG, DIY
    Suspension
    rings 'n straps
    Thanks - I'll see if I can make this work!

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234